Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how many of you have asshole friends?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhoenixZorn, Jul 16, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I recently (a year ago) moved away from my home town where all my childhood friends still live work and play. Last night I drove back to my home town to hang out with them for a birthday party, and invited them all to my house today since they are all off of work to have a continuance of that birthday party. It happens every time and I'm starting to get pretty pissed about it.

Today, none of them remembers a damn thing about saying they'd come out here, yet they gave me **** last night when I told them I didn't want to drive an hour (at 10:30pm mind you) to go out to a bar and then crash at my parents' house. I've asked my friends (collective) multiple times to come out to my house for parties or just to hang out, and every single time, after everyone says they'll make it, plans seem to miraculously change on the day of the invite. Last weekend for instance, was my birthday/house warming party. No presents were expected, nor were beer and food... we pretty much supplies everything. All my friends had to do was ask off of work (and I gave plenty of notice) and come out here for a night of food, drink, and bon-fire. They all said they had requested off, and when party time came around, I called them all and no one answered a phone. I asked them last night what happenned, and one of them had to work, so the rest of them didn't want to come out.

Now, let me clarify... all these guys are like my own brothers... I didn't have any brothers, only a sister, and they'd been like a big extension of my family. I call their parents "mom and dad", and they call my parents "mom and dad". If I need something right now, they will do what it takes to get it for me and vice versa. If someone needs a ride, I'm the first one to offer up. Whenever we used to go to the bar when I still lived there, we'd switch off on DD duties, but 2 out of 3 times, I was the DD, and we had guys there that weren't even 21 yet. Each and every one of them has dropped the ball in one way or another when it comes to getting out to my house, but I'm a bad guy when I can't make it to see them. I'm starting to want to just forget about them all.

So, do any of you have asshole friends? What do you do about them? I love them like my own brothers, but I'm really getting sick of the **** they put me through. It's like a burden to have to come out and see me and my family once a year.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have to say all but like 2 of my friends are like that. It really sucks. It seems whatever I get into(relationships or friendships) no one ever cares to be as nice as I am to them. People CONSTANTLY, tell me they are gonna call me to come pick me up to go out or something, they never do, so I drive myself, and hey look who is there. I can't stand that crap, I really don't know why I put up with it. I guess because if I don't I'd be pretty much friendless?

3. PhoenixZorn

I know how you feel bro... my best friend has been dry (stopped drinking) for about a year... I assumed he was drinking water last night as he always does, so I called and asked if he could meet me at my parent's house and drive me to the bar so I wouldn't have to drive home drunk. He said yes, and we hung up... He called me back 10 minutes later and said he was now too drunk to drive and shouldn't leave the bar (oddly enough he drove his own ass home) so I ended up driving there myself.

Thankfully, I have friends where i live now... lots of them... so I don't really have to worry about it, but it's the principal of the thing... don't agree to plans, then change them on the day of...

4. wicked87_k5

wicked87_k5 1/2 ton status

I have many friends like this. I just treat them how they treat me. do on to others as they do to you... When they give me crap about something I just throw something back in there face. I have a love/hate relationship with most of my friends.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hi my name is Michael and my best friend is an asshole too. He gives me hell all the time for not coming over, but when I invite him he seems to never make it. On the other hand he tries to invite himself over when its not the right time. I don't know... either way he's still an ass. We've been best friends since we were little kids, so whatever he does or however he acts, I just let go. Good times.....

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Considering about the only people I hang out with are cops, well then I guess I have nothing butt assholes as friends...................

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm almost 50. After all those years and all the people I have met I have only two friends. The rest were all ass holes and I dont hang with them. :D

8. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

if one of the ones that i am friends with commits they are usually there. But it seems that all of us just have a problem of making the commitment. If we say we are going to be at one of our houses on a certian day we are usually there. but the problem is that only one or 2 will say that they will be there. I guess this may be a little better.

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I do,,alll of them mostly, and i wouldnt have it any other way. :haha:

10. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I only got two good friends my best friend for close to 35 years now and my wife, both of them will do anything they say they are going too.

See what being an Asshole yourself gets ya.... only two good friends!! :D

Don't play asshole with me.... I'm the king!

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

12. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have to say I know a lot of people like that and try not to associate with them. I do my best to not be "that guy" a lot. I'm almost always 10 minutes late no matter what the occasion, but if I give someone my word, I keep it.

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have two true friends, one of them i married. The other is more like a brother, but without the fighting and other BS most brothers put you through. He lives 35 miles away, so it's not like I get to see him every day. We do make plans often though...whether it's fishing, wheeling or wrenching and we both follow through.

We're both usually a little later than we plan to be, but after 35 years as friends we both expect the other to be a little late. I've never had him not show up though, and I've never done that to him either.

Both of us go out of our way to give the other the shirt off our backs whenever we can, and we don't let money ever change hands. We have an unwritten arrangement regarding beer and food...more or less we take turns buying. We don't really keep track though so often either of us will buy a few times in a row. It all works out in the end, it just depends on being honest about things.

Best of all, my friend Stan is a member here (finally) so we both have K5's to monkey with, wheel and BS about.

Life is too short to spend it trying to appease 'asshole' aquaintances...those people are plentiful and not worth wasting time with.

Rene

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, the way I see it, if you ask yourself if you have any @sshole friends and the answer is "no". Then that means you're the @sshole in the group. :D :p:

I have 3 or 4 close friends that I can call on anytime for anything. I am the self admitted/appointed @sshole of the bunch. They all know it, and it is what they love about me. I am not the biggest/strongest of the group by any means, but I have enough "dont f*ck w/ me" attitude for all of us. :D My closest friend that I share everything with is my wife. She is my absolute best friend. The best part is..she has big boobies and lets me touch them! WOOHOO!!!

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm jealous...

I like big boobies too!--but have never gotten to touch ANY yet!..(better hope your wife does not read your post,or you might get shut off! :doah: ).. :D

The only 2 TRUE friends I had are now dead,have been for 11 years..but since then I've made several "accuaintences",but I'd hesitate to call them "friends"..I always have helpem them for free at their jobs,one ran a junkyard,the other an auto repair shop..I gave them lots of free parts,helped them put motors in,delivered parts for nearly free...I did not mind,its my nature to help people and not expect much in return..GOOD THING!--because thats all I've ever gotten..not much..

I've ALWAYS had to go to them!--after knowing them 8 years,I think they have been to my house only once or twice!--usually to pick up something I gave to them!...and I've heard from more than one person they had been talking about me behind my back,and making fun of me--more than once they did it to my face too!--when I'd get pissed,they'ed just laugh,and say "we are just teasing"..ya right..

Now,the junkyard has been closed since jan.1st--not once did my "friend" come to see me since--I did run into him at a swap meet in may--he shrugged his shoulders and said"sorry,I havent even visited ANYBODY since the yard closed--I DO live 25 miles away you know!.."....but I've heard he'd been at my other "friends" shop 3 miles away..guess I'm not worthy of a visit from either one,after all the times I helped them out,bought coffee and doughnuts,etc...not once have they came to help me do a motor swap,and its not like they didn't know I was doing one..

"Freinds" like that piss me off--and it seems everyone here is the same as them...I've given up hope for ever finding a few "good" friends like the ones I had that passed away..I dont think they exist anymore..now I look out for myself first,and F*** everyone else!..I dont like being the same as them,but I have little choice--its either that,or get used and walked on for eternity.. :mad:

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't really have any friends that I hang out with. There are 2 guys I've been friends with for the past dozen years, and one of my best high school friends just resurfaced recently, but I don't really hang out with anyone.

I have kids, so it's weird, we (my wife and I) end up just being glad to get out and hang out together if we go out without the kids. There are a couple other families we hang out with, but very infrequently, and usually it's like a kids birthday or something.

I'm usually the guy that shows up late. When my wife sets up the event, sometimes we don't show up at all because we run so late and she gets wierd like that.

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats pretty much the way i am, 2 real good friends, i would do anything for, they feel the same about me
    i would rather have 2 great friends than 100 so so friends(flakes)

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

In the bunch I run with, A-hole is a term of endearment. Michael (4GUNZ) and Krennen (Okiemuddog) can attest to that :doah: :haha: :haha:

John

19. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i dont have any friends within 1200mi of me :( but i remember when i did i had to drive to hang out with them even though my place was way bigger and better for hang/party.

20. PhoenixZorn

That's the thing I don't understand... they live in the city, have to go to bars for any fun, and none of them have any "yard" to speak of... I live in the country, no bars needed, I have a 1 acre back yard, open fire pit, and at the time, I had about 3-4 cases of beer...