Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many of you have modified your boggers.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyrc, Sep 1, 2003.

1. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

I'm going to be cutting the boggers very shortly and was wondering what you guys have done or seen. I was thinking about removing every second lug. I realize that they will not be DOT approved, but thats o.k. I was at the mud drags on the weekend...lots of HP...not enough traction.

2. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

if you are doing lots of mud, then cut the small lugs out. but if you are going to be doing trails, and such, they already are bad enough w/ sliding sideways.

My only mods to mine, are the usual gouges (sp?) from wheeling. If I was going to keep them, then I'd cut the small lugs out. Still contemplating that.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Even though me and my friends run ONLY mud, it seems that everyone that has had boggers hates them.

I have never had Boggers but I really like my Swampers. Good tire speed and traction both.

4. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

If you are dooing mud drags and mud bogs then you probably can't cut the boggers without going up in class. Usually they have a separate class for cut DOT tires. When that happens the horse power also increases. You are better off leaving them alone unless you have the power.

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i have mine grooved to help with the side sliding that they tend to do. but what i did won't help much in the mud. one thing they chunked real easy on the outer big lugs after the grooving..

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    If you are dooing mud drags and mud bogs then you probably can't cut the boggers without going up in class.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right. Here, you could only run the "open" class if that was the case.

7. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

well here, there are so many different mudracing clubs, and promoters, etc. that you really can do anything you want, and you'll still be able to compete. Stomper allows it in the 39.5 class.

8. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

There are only several drags where I live and they are all run what ya brung. I got beat this past weekend by a damn furd on 44" tractor tires. I've got the same or more power, but that thing hooked up and launched. To all those that claim a bogger can't touch a tractor or terra style tire in the deep stuff...they're right, and I never believed them until this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Oh yeah...Just because it was a furd I'll be running a "small" 100 shot of nitrous next year just to make sure. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif