Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many of you on here are into R/C cars and trucks..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84CUCV, Sep 21, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Just wondering. I have a bunch of monster trucks. What do you have? Mike

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

type this into search....R/C cars

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i used to be, i had an associated T2 (i think any way its been so long now) race truck that was my baby, and a traxxas truck to thrash on in my backyard.

4. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I build and Fly RC airplanes (hence the screen name "rcpilot"). Been flying for about 9 years now... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

used to be. i had an rc-10 when i was 14 or 15. had a nitro stadium truck a year or two ago but got out of it cause i kept crashing it and having to buy new parts for it.

deck /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

I got into RC when i was in the military and had nothing better to do. Ive had many but now Im down to 4 and enough spare parts for many more. I got 2 RC10GTs. 1 is just fun to go run around nut the other is insanely fast and too hard to control. Ive ran our of aftermarket parts for it. Also got a goofy (tamiya I think) snowcat that hasnt been operational forever... too many moving parts maybe. Then I got a old electric boat unsure what brand, but am currently working on building a slipperclutch to bolt up to a .15cc nitro motor. If I can get the balast correct on the boat when the motor gets up to speed the prop will be spinning at about 40,000 RPM. The boat should go fast if it dont wreck first..

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I've got a Clodbuster with ESC and modified motors, the semi-assembled parts of a Blackfoot with Big Bear tires, a Hornet with some insanely fast modified motor, and remains of a couple other cars/trucks that I use for kit-bashing to keep the Hornet working.
    I want to get a T-Maxx, but I've got better things to spend the money on, like the full-size truck in my driveway......

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hmm...lets see, i have 4 electrics, ones a jeep, one chevelle, one gto and one big red chevrolet.. the chevrolet is the only one i ever really spent time tinkering on...has a home made body lift made out of stuff i had layin around...

9. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Currently: RC10T team, XXT-CR, XX-CR, RC10L3, RC10B2, Bruiser... I think that's all of em... Over the years I've had: RC10's, more XX's, Clods, Tamiya F1's and sedans, RS4 pro, RC10L, GTX, RC10T2, and probably a couple that have slipped my mind. I used to race off-road, 10th scale pan, F1, and sedan, but it's been a couple of years and all of my stuff is packed away in boxes...

10. Confedneck

[​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I got into RC when i was in the military and had nothing better to do. Ive had many but now Im down to 4 and enough spare parts for many more. I got 2 RC10GTs. 1 is just fun to go run around nut the other is insanely fast and too hard to control. Ive ran our of aftermarket parts for it. Also got a goofy (tamiya I think) snowcat that hasnt been operational forever... too many moving parts maybe. Then I got a old electric boat unsure what brand, but am currently working on building a slipperclutch to bolt up to a .15cc nitro motor. If I can get the balast correct on the boat when the motor gets up to speed the prop will be spinning at about 40,000 RPM. The boat should go fast if it dont wreck first..

[/ QUOTE ] What one was it you brought out here ??? That thing was fast !! Pretty cool spinning brodies infront of the mail boxes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I really want a Bruiser! I have ever other tamiya 4x4 truck. Mike

14. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it's time for a SFA swap /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Cool truck I am looking at this one, but have never bought one before don't really know whats good or not.
    [​IMG]

15. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Cool truck I am looking at this one, but have never bought one before don't really know whats good or not.
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    RCs are kinda like real rigs in a way. It all depends on what your wanting to do with it. If you are wanting to race them that truck wouldnt be a good idea. For running it around the local ball fields or annoying the neighbors with the nitro motor it would be ok. If you want an offroad racer your fairly limited RC10GT, Lost NXT and Kyosho recently made a new one. Traxxas also makes a nitro stadium truck but it is HEAVY but the thing is built like a tank.

16. Confedneck

you'd be surprised at what that 5 year old radio shack electric will do, im gonna try and get some pictures of it in the ditch tomorrow..i guess its a chevrolet thing... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=14655

This is my quickest RC. has a novarossi/picco paris edition .12motor. MIP tuned muffler, oil filled remote res. shocks, alien head (which lets you run a bigger glow plug)Tried to go to a local track and race it but they wouldnt let me. said not enough people run midified so they wont open up the class /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Is that the one that was spinning brodies infront of my mail box that one day ??

19. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

yep, same one just with new tires i think