Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many of you saw the ABC News Special Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> John Stossel does some really good reports, I saw one on global warming a whole back, it was the first mainstream media report that even suggested that global warming is just a scam. (Which it is, it's the latest doomsday prophecy propagated by pseudo-scientists who get more research money by making up issues that the government will throw money at...) But I digress... I agree, Stossel is a credit to his profession.</font color>

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i'm sorry i missed that.
    that was good reading, though.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I like stossel too, sounds interesting, but I missed it...

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

shaggy: good to see another person is informed. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif unfortunately a whole generation of kids has been educated that man-caused global warming will be the end of the world. Take a poll on a college campus and 99% of peeps would prolly agree with that "theory". Pretty sad.

J

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Ya, global warming= all old cars BAD! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    What the he!!, lets come up with something for the government to throw money at..like *cough cough my blazer.cough* /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yup, the left agenda is in all of the Hollywood movies that are aimed at kids too. Anyone see Dr. Doolittle 2? There's actually a line that the evil guy that wants to bulldoze the forest to make an oil refinery or some such theng says, goes something like - "Dammit, I fought the Democrats and won, I can win this too!" The message to kids? Republicans are evil? I watched Ice Age last night, that one was full of anti-meat agendas. Awful stuff...

For those that want to look more into this, I recommend "Eco-Scam", forget the author, but it's quite an interesting book on the background of the current "scientific" community that supports the bogus global warming theory.

8. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I love hearing about the whole Global Warming thing, it just shows that we can't predict that far ahead. Because back in the 60's they were warning of the coming ICE AGE /forums/images/icons/cool.gif . It would be nice if these people could make up their minds.