Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many of you....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Aug 4, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

are running fender flares? I have these ones on my truck now, i believe they are 2 inch ones. I just to the drivers side ones off, to see how the truck would look, and i love it! The tires stick out a little more, and it almost makes the truck look a little taller, and not as wide. The only problem is i found some rot under the rear one:eek1: I have come to the conclusion, that all they do is trap stuff, which will eventually lead to rust then rot.

I plan on cutting my bumpers, like fred2mihi`s rig, then i`ll cut the front fenders, to go with the line on the bumper. Should look pretty cool when its all said and done....

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have factory flares on my 97, and cutouts on my 89. I don't mind the looks of the factory's, but your right, they hold all that salt silt and everything else. The factory ones are a PITA to get off too, or I would have cleaned mine out by now....

3. NEK5

not sure if i like it yet or not, i may have to cut the bumpers then decide, for some reason, thats what making me not like it, the edge of the bumper when you look straight down the side of the truck......time to get out the sawsall:D

4. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

lets see some pictures?

5. NEK5

i`ll snap some today, i still have the 31s on the rear so it may look funny, if i`m not too lazy i`ll put the 33s back on

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am going to put a set of cutouts on my Burb soon. Just waiting on new "gaskets". Pics will, of course, follow.