Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how many people here race a vehicle?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Mar 24, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im talking trucks, bikes, bicycles, stock car, ect. NOT remote controled anything

i race dirt bikes. its called harescrambles, 3 hours on the half motocross track and in the woods. tightest it can get is 30" wide (handle bar width) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif the tighter the better /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

what do you do /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I race to work everymorning. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Just kiddin, but those harescrambles are some crazy races /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif I love riding trails, but don't think a could race in one of those. I love riding track as well, but the trails here in Co are some of the best I've riddin.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

There's two desert racers that hang out in the garage. One drives a Class 3 K5 and the other I beleive runs a Class 8 or maybe even a Trophy Truck.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

circle track, street stock class, don't let street stock fool you, only think left from the factory is the front subframe, and some tin hollowed out tin work. 4 link out back, modded front suspension, 400 horse 353 designed to twist 6500 RPMs all day. Why only 400 horse? try making much more with a 500 2bbl.

5. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

I've drag raced my brother down our street on tractors before just because it was funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Found out that the John Deere 1520 has a slightly higher top speed than the John Deere 1010 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Did some snowmobile racing this season, nothing real competetive, but it was still a lot of fun. Dirtbike racing has looked like it would be awesome but thats why beyond anything I am capable of. Sounds cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Autocrossed in my BMW before I threw a rod in it. Also used to have a '79 Chevy LUV drag truck with a nice 350 in it (currently parting out).

Also been in my Dad's IMCA modified a couple times.

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

MotoX and maybe Supercross this year. Harescrambles just get plain mean and dangerous through the woods. Same with the ironman races, 8 hours of riding is just too long to be on the bike. Hoping to get my 350 and get started on it for the camaro this weekend. Its going in a 1986 Z28. Hopefully it will be transformed into a mean Pro Street car by the end of the season this year. The only problem will be to get parts to strengthen the T-5 trans in it.Ive heard it's pretty expensive and hard to get parts /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NITRO

8. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

SC dragster, I took 2nd place overall in the local series couple years ago. Haven't raced in a couple years due to growing family. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

have you read the new racerX? there is an article about Ryan Huges racing a GNCC. he said that it was the toughest thing he has ever done. he also said it takes a real man to last the entire 3 hours /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

ive always like desert racing, the only prob there are no deserts in michigan /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif unless you consider Silver Lake sand dunes a desert /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

i plan on trying some bracket racing when i get my s10 dome /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I race UMP late model dirt stock car and Pro Street drag car.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I used to race sprint cars when I lived in Omaha, but that's been awhile now.

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I race my k5 up competition hill at pismo..
    I race my camaro when it is safe to do so....pretty soon i'm gonna tow it to the track for some timeslips.. should be somewhere in the 11's. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif