Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many people on this page are from the BAY AREA?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by breyon55, Aug 26, 2001.

1. breyon55

breyon55 Registered Member

New to this whole 4wheeling thing and want to know how many people on this board are from the bay area. And also where is there to go besides carnegie and hollister. thnaks!!

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

There are several of us on here. I am holsting a run at Frank Raines on this coming Saturday ( 1 Sep 01). You can find a whole thread in the "trails" section under "Labor Day!!!!". There are directions on http://www.extremeblazer.com

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I am in Sunnyvale. I usually go wheelin' up near Bass Lake, (about 20 miles south of Yosemite) 'cause I have several friends up there. It's about a three hour drive from here, but I can stay as long as I like, sleep in a bed.

Good things come in small packages. Good things come to those who wait. So, if you're waiting for a small package, that must *really* be sweet.

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I'm from Alameda. I'm also pretty new to wheelin here. I've been to Frank Raines with GoldRush and Chaz88K5 before and I had lots of fun. I'm rushing to get my truck done to try to make it this weekend!

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers... and it's still not BIG ENOUGH!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

5. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Breyon55, HOW-DE neighbor I too live in FREMONT. What's your Blaz look like? Mine is white with the top off and a full cage in the back with blue fome on it. It used to have on a 4WPW sticker on the windshild but no more. I'm sure I have seen your truck some where. I'm going with Gold Rush this weekend out to FR.
    You should try to make it. We'll be drinken BEER. UUUMMMM BBBEEERRRRR And doen some fun wheelen.
    A good little place to wheel in Hayward is behind Kelly More off of Mission Blvd. Just be carefull not to be seen. The PO PO are all around. That makes it fun. I'v never been cought but its been close. Go check out www.extremeblazer.com It's a good local site.

Keep on posting up Q's and you'll find a lot of people live out here.
    Late KEN

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hollister here. Down south about 45 minutes from HollisterHills there is a place called ClearCreek.Unrestrected 4 wheelin. Great for wheelin during the winter.....Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

7. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

My Blazer's red and white with a white top and a blue left rear quarter panel (don't ask). It's been out of commission for a few years while i finished up my schooling at SJSU. But now that I'm working I have a giant pile of parts to put on it. Prep was going very quickly for a while there, but I may have to slow down again soon as we have started to look for a house and around here that takes a lot of money away from my blazer fund. All I really need now though are my rims and tires and a custom doubler from ORD, oh and whatever that D60 (woo hoo) needs to get it usable again. Thanks for the invite, and I can't wait till it's mobile again, but I will definately let youse guys know when I'm ready to test it out.

Good things come in small packages. Good things come to those who wait. So, if you're waiting for a small package, that must *really* be sweet.

8. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

hey!....fremont???? damn well i'm about 1/4 mile from ya in Newark! got any parts hehe, i've probely seen u around.....reconize a 85 brown with a kc light bar? or a 85 turquoise with 44's? or a blue 77 with 38's? thats me and my buddies if u have!

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey All,
    Pacifica here.

And when the Blazer is done I'll take you guys for a 2 day trip through the Mendicino Nat'l Forest.

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

10. Alex

Alex Registered Member

Vacaville, CA here... Gold Rush, I ride off-road (dirk bike) at Franks often. If the Mrs. doesn't have anything planned I just might take a run over there...

11. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Brian and welcome,

I live in Milpitas, and drive a '72 K5 CST....35's 4" Lift, 6-Point Cage, topless for the summer and in grey primer. There are a few other "1st Gen" guys around this area (though not many!) and we all seem to have a knack to find each other....

I was amazed the other day....just went over to Starbucks for a quick coffee and parked the K5 out front.....next thing I know, another '72 K5 rolls in! Lifted, 35's, original dark green paint, bikini top, really nice. I met the woman who owns it. She's had it for the last 13 years and has done a lot of work to it. She knows a lot about K5s (which is SO cool!) but she didn't know about the ColoradoK5 site.....hopefully she will join us here at some point.

-Greg72

12. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

starbucks??!!??

did the bmw's and lexii sneer at your blazer? i hope you at least left them an oil spot!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

13. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I'm from San Mateo and work in Fremont. I'll keep an eye out for everyone. I have a dark blue 89 Jimmy with stock suspension that'll be back on the road hopefully within a week (color change in progress).

14. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Delta9,

Actually the funniest part about going there is that they have all those little green tables and umbrellas out front where the parking is.....you should see the looks on peoples faces as they are sitting there and I drive up in my LOUD, BIG, OBNOXIOUS K5 and park inches away from where they are sitting.!!

You can actually see them cringing and starting to panic that I may not stop in time..... I LOVE IT !!!! [​IMG]

I can't lie to you all....I'm not much of a "country boy". Living in this valley, and working in high-tech kinda gives that away anyhow. Starbucks, PalmPilots, Cell Phones, and Traffic Jams are all part of the deal here.....but at least the K5 is one of the "simple pleasures" I can still enjoy.

-Greg72

15. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

don't worry, the country boys all live in texas.
    i'm the guy that has the A/C on when i'm wheeling!

as an aside, i'm gonna try and make the frank raines run this weekend.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

16. DuneRunner

Come on OUT! It sure will be a good time :)

KEN

17. breyon55

breyon55 Registered Member

hey by any chance do you ride a raptor. if so i went to pismo with you a few months back. i bought erics old suzuki..hope to hear from you soon brian

18. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Come on out !!!!!!! The more the Merrier. We will be on C.B. Channel 4.

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>http://www.extremeblazer.com</a>

19. DuneRunner

BREYON55, I think you got the wrong guy. But you know I know of a guy who's name is Eric and he runs a white 82 K5. He lives in Sunnyvale. He has some honda seats in his K. And he tows a sand rail down to Pismo. Maybe that is the Eric that your thinken..... Just by chance.

Late KEN