Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many quarts does the 208 hold?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Esteban86K5, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I've looked and can't find it anywhere. I know that your supposd to fill it till it comes out the fill hole, but mine is clocked and that just doesn't work anymore.

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

As many as it takes for it to start coming out of the fill hole. similar to the diffs.

3. Esteban86K5

[ QUOTE ]
    As many as it takes for it to start coming out of the fill hole. similar to the diffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read my original post? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif My T-case is clocked up so now my fill hole is ALOT higher than it was before. So if I were to frill it to the fill hole I would probably blow some seals because of so much fluid. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Actually, if i am thinking right, even if you clocked it up, you are actually filling it with less fluid now, the drain hole is towards the bottom, fill towards the top. Or am i mising something else here, i could have swore they were almost identical to the 241 case.

5. Esteban86K5

The FILL hole is on top, you are correct. When the t-case is in the normal postion, and i fill it up to the fill hole then i would be filling the t-case to about half. Now that I have it clocked up. the fill hole is higher and if I fill it to the fill hole then I would be filling the t-case about 3/4 of the way. Which would be too much.

BTW I am guessing on the 1/2 and 3/4. just useing those as easy reference. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

OK i think i understand what you are saying now, my bad, if i remember correctly, i believe i had to put in about 4 qts to fill mine, maybe 5, the other thing is i do not believe you will blow ant seals out due to the vent tube on the top of the t-case, unless you have done something elst with that as well, pressures won't build up. Hell when i got mine back together, i didn't get around ti installing the hose back on right away untill i notice it was blowing fluid out of it and all over the place.

I would probably do about 4 qts.

7. Esteban86K5

4 quarts got it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Any one else?

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm living dangerously and filled mine up till it ran out on my 241. So far, so good. It took 5 qts to fill it up this time. I've been running it for a few weeks now and "knock on wood" NO problems.

KP

9. Esteban86K5

I was hoping you'd chime in seeing as your the only one running this set up right now. Well i guess i'll dothat too. I don't do a lot of highway miles on it anymore so I shouldn't have problems either.

BTW, do you have any more progress pics on that crossmember?

10. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was hoping you'd chime in seeing as your the only one running this set up right now. Well i guess i'll dothat too. I don't do a lot of highway miles on it anymore so I shouldn't have problems either.

BTW, do you have any more progress pics on that crossmember?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine see's about 50-60 highway miles a day running out at ~70mph. Seems to be doing alright.

On the crossmember, none yet. Doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day with a 3 month old baby at the house. I've got all day saturday blocked off to do some work though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Esteban86K5

Try haveing a 6 year old 4 year old and 1.5 year old. I HAVE to shave my head or head I'd be pulling it out. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I sneak in a couple of hours here and there to work on mine. I also do some late nights afer everyone is in bed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Try haveing a 6 year old 4 year old and 1.5 year old. I HAVE to shave my head or head I'd be pulling it out. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I sneak in a couple of hours here and there to work on mine. I also do some late nights afer everyone is in bed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I'd pull late nights EVERY night, except for one little problem. My wife and son sleep n the other side of the shop wall /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif They can hear me when I open a can of Pepsi. I ahve to go to bed when they do... Just another reason I'm looking for another house...

I'll post more pics as I get stuff done. Got a new shock project coming up that might be kinda interesting...

13. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nine pints... so buy a gallon and a quart.

14. Esteban86K5

So 4.5 quarts. COOL!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif