Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many quarts of oil ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Apr 23, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Time for oil change, forgot how many quarts the 305 takes... anyone know? Thanks.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I believe all small blocks take 5 all big blocks six.
    I usually use 4 and a qt of Marvel Mystery Oil...its so old and known they used to use MMO in chariots!
    I usually buy 5 anyway so that I can have a bottle on hand to refill if needed. I check every fill up.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

When I change the oil in my 350 (with filter change) I usually use 5-6 quarts. Interesting enough, during spring break I changed the oil in my truck, then my dads F350 (460 V-8) and it took less oil then my 350 did. I just thought that was weird being a big block. I really don't care though, because that truck never hardly get off the cold make (engine temp) unless it is summer. (in AZ).

4. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Assuming you still have the stock oil pan on your motor, it should take 5 quarts. I always use the longer oil filter on my motors & they always held 5 quarts.