Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many trick or treaters did you have ??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Had 5 this year. Everyone of them got a big hand full of candy from this house. Still have pleanty left, think it'll still be good next year ??

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

1 family = 3 kids , a baby , and a MILF :D

They just go to other neighborhoods . My hood is between an old 55+ trailer park , and the freeway construction . Theres maybe 20 families with small kids in my whole subdivision .

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The wife was just guessing 75! :eek1: I know there were a lot.

The first year we lived here there weren't very many. I think it was because an old man used to live here, and I'm not sure he could have even really answered the door.

Last year we had quite a few and it even snowed. This year the weather was good.

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

None here. We live up the mountain and there may be a house ever 1/4 mile or more. Plus our house sits 600-800 ft from the road

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

About 25-30 :D

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

nada....

Zero--Zilch!-Nada!.. same as last year!..and as many years before as I can recall --I bet we had only a half dozen the first few years we lived here..

Ever since sicko's started putting razor blades in apples,and all the fears of kidnappers and molesters came about,most parents take the kids to private holloween parties,or haunted houses,hayrides,etc,rather than put their kids at risk,walking in the dark streets here (some bonehead on a ninja bike went by here during trick or treat hou doing 100 mph easy! :eek1: :mad: )..even the haunted houses and hayrides haven't done well this year--we got 15 inches of rain here in october-it rained for 21 out of 31 days!-(remember the dam almost burst??)-it even snowed here satuday--but since sunday its been in the 60's :screwy:

Oh well,looks like I'll be having a aching cavities--more candy for me!! :D

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Only two families... and one family was friends of mine, so they don't really count.

I guess it didnt help much either that I kept turning off the light and leaving off and on to go move a fridge, replace weather stripping and seals on the rental house back door, and moved a parts truck from the rental house to here. When I got home the last time, I just left the light off.

Last year myself and others were driving around in a Ford Stationwagon that looked like a hearse with a fog machine blowing fog out the back window.

8. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

None here, live on a rural road and I was in my shop. So I didn't have to share my candy.... Natty Ice :shame:

9. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I didn't want to deal with it (and I forgot to buy candy), so I took an empty bowl, taped a sign that said Take One to it, and put it on the front porch.

Solved that problem.

10. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Only had 3!!! Halloween is a dying holiday in Murphy, NC.

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Not many, maybe 2 dozen. We haven't had many the past three years. Lots of people doing the hayride/party thing here too. Plus, I'm all the way at the the end of a group of small subdivisions, so its a PITA for the kids to get to my street (have to cross a busier street). On a positive note; I saw a lot of houses decorated.

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

We had a few dozen.. I went to my neighbors house to see what she was giving away, and I got a bunch of candy, ramen noodles, and a rotissierie chicken to take back with me.

Tom

13. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

could be like 40 or 50 and i bought way too much candy :D

14. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

None here. I don't get home from work early enough. I usually get home just in time for the neighborhood hooligans to come around without costumes and ring the bell. They look like they'll pop a cap in your a$$ if you don't cough up some candy. :crazy:

Isn't it like a known thing that if you don't have your porch light on, you are not doing the Halloween thing? :confused:

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I went out to trick or treat. :D

16. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Same here!! Well, I took the kids out trick or treating, so noone came to our house to get candy:)

Going out with 5 year olds is nice since they tire early and want to go home:)

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Me too, I took Snow White out and the Witch made me put on my damn Grumpy costume and walk around the neighborhood. At least the neighbors got a laugh.

18. 73burban

73burban Registered Member

Wow, I was expecting to see some bigger numbers!

I gave out over 20 bags of candy (good stuff like candy bars), 64 hot dogs (ran out, and not even 1/4 of the kids took one), 3.5 cases of bottled water, and several cups of beer from the kegorator.

I really didnt think the hotdogs would go over very well, I figured most people wouldnt want to take food, but the girlfriend was concerned that kids didnt eat before going out. Boy was I wrong, next year I will need to get twice as many hotdogs!

19. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I was in the back shop working the whole time, I was under the GMC finishing off my rear diff when suddenly the door opened, a little goblin hobbled in with his parents, and begged for some candy, lol

Took the little guy to the house, found some candy, and loaded him up :)

The house's lights were off, no pumpkins out front or anything, they just happened to notice the shop light was on.

Besides, the kid was really cute, lol

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

zero... we live on a road thats a little creepy at night... long ways from the "main road". Kind of a good thing, since I don't like kids.

j