Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many TRUE one ton trucks do we have here?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Jun 19, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

And by TRUE, I mean actual K30/3500 trucks that have not been robbed of their most prized possession.....the D60. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I've got my '85 K30 which I've had for almost 7 years at the end of July.

Then there were several other K30's I've had in the past. Now I've also got an '88 V30 that I'm building as a project.

So, post up if you have a TRUE K/V30/3500, regardless if its a diesel, gas, regular cab, crew cab, SRW, DRW, just post up fellas! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My daily driver is a '92 4x4 x-tra cab 3500 dually. Independant front, but its still a 1 ton. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And by TRUE, I mean actual K30/3500 trucks that have not been robbed of their most prized possession.....the D60. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> You sure are snippety for someone that is known to rob D60s from 1 tons yourself... </font>

4. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

My '83 K30 SRW has been known to haul 5,000Lbs+ on occasion. You got to love hauling 2-3 times what most people can put in their trucks.....

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Checking in... Daily driver = 91 V3500 crew cab w/ 35's.

6. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My yellow k20 is a one ton 56 " rear springs diffrent spring hangers than half and 3/4 tons it had factory overloads also the only thing diffent than a K-30 is the dana 60 front which I have waiting to be swapped in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I also have A 91 V3500 4-door 4-speed with no motor in it at my dads house in minnesota

7. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> You sure are snippety for someone that is known to rob D60s from 1 tons yourself... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

And by that quote, you mean what........?

I've only robbed one D60 from a truck that got sold before I could get the brakes fixed on it. And the fact I told the buyer that I was pulling the 60 out to install a 44, he did not care at all. The problem with that 60 was the calipers were locked up and the buyer wanted the truck at that immediate time. So it was faster for me to swap axles since I had everything on hand to do the swap.

The only other 60's I got are from 3 M1008 trucks I won on a government auction site. The fact that the trucks are too far to haul or tow home is fact enough that I am getting the axles out of them to help people like you, the K5 owner, make their rigs into one ton K5's. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif People like you and other K5 owners should be thanking people like me and other K30 owners for the priviledge of even buying and selling these axles for you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I don't mean anything other than the fact that you get on peoples cases for "robbing" the axles from 1 tons, but then you go and do it too. Have you not sold quite a few D60s on CK5? I don't imagine that those axles fell from the sky. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I guess because you're "into" one tons then it's OK for you? I'm not trying to get in an argument over it, it's just an observation. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For the record, my 1 ton axles came from a truck that burned up, so I didn't rob them from an otherwise pristine 1 ton. I think that most of the 1 ton setups that people on here have probably came from trucks in similar situations, or from M1008s that were in sad shape anyways.</font>

9. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got mine out of a rolled K-30 that was beyond repair along with a tbi bigblock and fixed yoke NP205

10. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    For the record, my 1 ton axles came from a truck that burned up, so I didn't rob them from an otherwise pristine 1 ton. I think that most of the 1 ton setups that people on here have probably came from trucks in similar situations, or from M1008s that were in sad shape anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Thats the way I see the best use of the D60's is to remove them from their donor vehicle AFTER they have served their time. By serving their time, I mean like you said, a truck burned up, or like the M-series trucks which either get used in service and/or left out for dead.

One of my peeves is seeing someone removing such said parts from a good truck that still has plenty of life left. But then again, who am I to tell them what they can or can't do? I'm just another peon. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

FYI, I've only sold two D60's in the past and now will be selling 2 more in the upcoming weeks. And these were all dead trucks, too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. rpm35

rpm35 Registered Member

My dad just bought a 88' 1 ton crew cab. Man that is one sweet ride. I put a 4" lift and some 33's on it last week. He now drives this more than his 2001 powerstroke. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's all good, Wes, I just had to give you crap in return for you giving others crap about stealing D60s. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

13. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Daily Driver = 96 K3500 1 ton with robbed d60 from a Ford which is ok since it's not from a k30 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Daily Driver = 96 K3500 1 ton with robbed d60 from a Ford which is ok since it's not from a k30 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Yep, I have a 88 K30 (or V3500) crew cab single wheel thats my DD. I love it. It's got a 454, 465, 205 and AIR conditioning. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. hoosierk3500

hoosierk3500 Registered Member

I have an 84 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif,90k original miles.All original drivetrain except for the engine.Had a lame 307 in it when I got it.It was an original small block truck.Wish it had either a big block,or the 4.56's.Also wish I could say it's a DD but I'd be lying. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Jason

18. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

1980 K30 3+3 srw with 350/465/205.

19. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Had these as DD:
    '77 K30 crewcab, 350/465/205
    '83 K30 crewcab, 6.2/465/205(converted to diesel)
    '88 V30 crewcab, 6.2/400/205 ex air force truck.

Others kinda worth mentioning:
    '78 F250 with front/rear D60s(bought for $250/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
    '90 W250 dodge with D61/D70

20. BAD4WD

BAD4WD Registered Member

Hey Wes, Don't forget me. My '88 V-30 F.I.454 TRUCK &amp; I can't wait to get back to the mainland, to my shop so i can build one BAD1TON. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifRULES. Laters, Dave