Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOw many use....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Dec 22, 2005.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Oil dry for cat litter. Or cat litter for oil dry?
    My wife had a kiniption (is that a word?) when I busted out the monster bag of cat litter to soak up some spilled brake fluid in my garage. I used it anyway, I told her brake fluid was like antifreeze, and I better use it otherwise the cat would try to drink it. :haha:
    Really she's good 95% of the time..don't know why she all of a sudden had a hissy fit.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Cat litter is pricey .

I use oil absorb I stole from work . Big ass bag goes a long way . I use a 5 gallon bucket , with a paint can cap as a scoop for my day to day useage :D

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

I normally use sawdust.

its free, and i got lots.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I use cat litter that the wife bought and out picky ass cat refused to use:doah: . It is a little slow to soak up stuff but if you can leave it for a day or two it works great.

Ira

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I keep a bag of absorbant around,

6 bucks from auto-zone

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I can buy "Speedi-Dry for 7 bucks per 50lb bag..Cat Litter,with no "scents" or "Odor Control Crystals" costs 3-4 bucks at Wal-Mart or Stop and Shop,for a 20-25 lb bag....not much difference really..its the fancy shmancy stuff they sell that "clumps" thats expensive..they sell it in gallon jugs for 6 bucks for some brands!..

I use cat litter for "Oil Dri" in my shop,if I'm out of the "Speedi-Dri"..I get reamed for taking it too..must press the PMS button in females when a male uses "their" cat litter for anything other than cat pee and poop!:rolleyes:

I've stooped as low as using "slightly used" cat litter to mop up bad spills in the shop..also on icy walks and steps..just look out for the crunchy brown things!:eek1: :haha:

J/K..no,actually,I scrape the "good" unsoiled stuff off the top of the litter box,and only use it where the truck drives!..I use "fresh" stuff on the walks and steps..:wink1:

Cat litter gives good traction,but you will catch hell if it ends up being tracked into the house on your boots..especially if its "slightly used"..:p: funny its OK for the cats to toss it all over the place though,and no one yells at them...:crazy:

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Newlyweds?!?! :D:eek1::haha:

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I always found it cheaper to just use the cat it self to clean up spills.....
    :D :D

9. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

2.50 a 50 # Bag at allbertsons, Kitty litter, the only way to go!

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive used the .99/per 20 lb bag of cat litter from savealot, if your going to be walking on it, it is crap. then the stuff that clumps is not good if using on anti freeze, it sticks it right to the floor and you can't get it up without scraping.
    my local autoparts store doesn't stock any oil dry, when i run out, im going to go to napa to get some.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

oldschool cat litter (cheap) works best.

my boss reused his, keeped a half barel of it would pile it up on the spill and then later shovel it back in the barel, i guess it would all sink to the bottom leaveing the top dry

12. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

3 years. Been living with her for 6....

13. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That's what we do at work. But with a 55 gal drum on wheels and an expanded metal top to keep the loose hardware out. If a pile looks saturated it gets trashed, if it still looks tan it goes back into the barrel. We use a lot.

At home I use store brand kitty litter. Its cheaper than oil-dry here. They are both made of clay. (The clumping kind is not what you want.)