Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOW MANY WIRES,DISTRIBUTER??-IDIOT-DELETED_

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Mar 26, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

is it three or four wires ?? my truck didn't start last weekend and i noticed a loose wire(skinny orange).i changed the gas tonight but it's to late to screw with it.now i'm wondering if it was that wire?if it is where does it go in the harness order? thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Re: DID SEARCH,HOW MANY WIRES ARE IN THE WIRE HARNESS CLOSEST TO THE DISTRI

caps stuck? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Re: DID SEARCH,HOW MANY WIRES ARE IN THE WIRE HARNESS CLOSEST TO THE DISTRIBUTE

Do you mean the wire connector that go into the distributor?

There is one connector from the coil and one that goes into the main wiring harness. Tomorrow I can get a wiring diagram to figure out the orange wire from the distributor. Its probably not a ground. Did you check for spark?

4. boggerless

i didn't check for spark cuz it started before.i did unplug it tonight and had to use a lighter cuz i droped the flash light.( a $70.00 dive light /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif).from what i could see there is only three wires going into the skinny harness, but there was a small orange one that i can't identify.there is also an orange one already plugged in. i just need to know if there is three or four wires going into that harness. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. boggerless

i just need to check the count coming out of the passenger side of the distributer. MORON /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif sorry for the dumb ass question. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif