Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much air in a 36

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoShow84, Mar 19, 2002.

1. NoShow84

NoShow84 Registered Member

i just got my 36x12.50 tsl's, i had read on here that they wear well and handle good, as long as you run the correct air pressure, but i couldn't find out what the correct air pressure was, so what should i run them at on the street.

2. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

I run about 35 psi when I am running on the highway, and they seem to handle just fine. Since my vehicle doesn't see many highway miles, I cannot say how well they wear at this pressure.

3. NoShow84

NoShow84 Registered Member

thats what i have them at right now as well is 35psi

4. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I have 35"BFG mud terrains that I run at 36 psi also. Draw a line with chalk on the tread of one front and one rear tire, roll it a few revolutions a few feet and see where the line has erased. If the line is on the outside but not in the middle your over inflated. If the line is on the middle but not on the outside your underinflated.

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Radials?? Bias? Which kind, i run my radials at 30 and they wear nice and even and ride well, if you run them too high you'l wear the center out, an easy way to check is to draw across the tread with chalk and see what wears off if its too high just the center will rub off, so then you let air out little by little untill you have a nice even contact patch. or you can drive thru water and see what kinda tracks you leave on the pavement, same kinda thing. which ever is easier,