Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much beer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

How much beer would it take to get a fellow CK5'er to p/u two D60 and two 14B and transport from PA to the Baltimore airport to ship by Forward Air to a couple of good ole boys in Texas?

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Keep the beer, If those were in my possession, you'd never be seeing them .......... until they showed up under my rig !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

It would probably cost you 1 Dana 60 and 1 14 bolt.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

4. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Well, I frequently travel to Pittsburgh (where my family lives ) from Washington, DC (where I live). I guess it depends on where the pickup point is in PA. And also what all is involved in having this shipped to you in TX. I'll probably be making the trip in a few weeks. Baltimore airport is a good 45 min. drive from DC. I love beer!

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

5. senavader

senavader Registered Member

Hey Derf00, If you haven't been on the site yet forwardair.com I think there is a station at the airport there in Pittsburg. Dear Johnny Reb would this be any better for you ?

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Uggh, I wish I could help you out, but I just can't right now.

On a related note, how do you guys transport axles in a K5? I can't imagine the backache of getting a D60 and/or a 14FF into and out of the back of a (probably lifted) K5... I was thinking maybe a FWD car dolly from U-Haul..?

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch-black...
    [​IMG] <font color=green>Semper Maintenance!<font color=black>

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Derf I could do it for you. PM me or go to chat.