Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much body /susp lift over stock for 35's???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny_reb87, Aug 8, 2002.

1. johnny_reb87

johnny_reb87 Newbie

How much body /susp lift over stock for 35\'s???

<font color="blue"> </font color> I am in the market for a lift on my '88 K-5 that is basically stock. It is not lifted but has 33" tires on the stock 10 blts. My question to you fellas is: will a 1" body lift and 2" add-a-leafs work for me to fit 35's ? Would there be any kind of extended proceedures to follow when installing the body lift? will I have to lengthen my shift linkage(700r4), drop the rad ect? I know you have to do this on the taller body lifts, but is it necessary on just 1"? Will my stock axles hold up to 35's for light to medium trail usae on small hills and in mud not quite hub deep? The truck is a daily driver and gets the hubs locked in about every weekend. I do not have lockers yet but I am looking into an OX. Is 35's too much? or would it be wise to just get the add-a-leafs and stick with 33's? They do rub a little bit when the front tire gits fully stuft when I cross a deep ditch or crevice. ANY help or educated opinion is appreciated. Thanx /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Re: How much body /susp lift over stock for 35\'s???

welcome and you can fit anything on anything with the right amount of fender triming...LOL

But ...
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    They do rub a little bit when the front tire gits fully stuft when I cross a deep ditch or crevice. ANY help or educated opinion is appreciated. Thanx

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 4 inch lift and they rub every now and then when I turn all the way and what little flex that I do have...(fred flinstone has more than me...)

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if you want to trim your fenders you can make anything fit i am running 38x13x16in tsl swampers with only 2.5in of lift /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I have 6" springs, no body lift and untrimmed fenders. Front tires will/do hit, even in steep driveways if I don't watch it while turning.

6. doc70sub

doc70sub 1/2 ton status

I'm running 4" lift (front springs &amp; rear blocks) &amp; 35x14.50x15 Swampers on 15x10 wheel, w/ a lil' massaging to the front fenders &amp; I do not rub @ all off-road. Thanks!
    Doc

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My 35s fit w/ a little trimming &amp; a 4" lift, untill I unhooked the swaybar. Now they rub w/ the same lift and a lot of trimming. Fill out your profile.