Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much can I expect to sell this motor for reasonably

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Oct 29, 2004.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm selling local just wondering its a crate GM350 Block casting # 10066036 block is stamped 99' I have approx 55,000 on the motor it runs like a champ, I was told it was the 300 hp version of the crates, its definately strong (pulled the front wheels on my stock blazer) but not super sure what it is exactly. carbed motor just looking for a fair local price I'm thinking $700 does that seem fair?

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I think its a fair price considering its a fairly new crate engine. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

At $700 you should expect it to sell quick providing demand is there. I've paid anywhere from $600-800 for motors in the past... and yours sounds to be in better running condition.

Just my $.02

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd be surprised to see you get more than $300 for a used engine. I have never payed more than $200 for one.

5. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

I agree with the $300 comment. Just because there are so may people lying and trying to take advantage of people by selling bunk motors.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I agree with the $300 comment. Just because there are so may people lying and trying to take advantage of people by selling bunk motors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's the only reason I say that. If you could be for sure it had only 55,000 miles on it, I could see it going for more. Usually I never trust anyone selling an engine any further than I can throw them, so I never pay more than core price even for a running engine.

If you can be sure it's worth more, pay more. But be skeptical.

8. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I'm going to keep you in mind. I may need one for a project soon. Baton Rouge is only an hour and half from here. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'll PM you my contact info if you have any more questions I'll even run it for you, has all the same coolant, oil eevrything since I last ran it, I take care of my stuff....nothing to hide here.

10. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I won't pay more than $100 for a cast iron smallblock I can't hear run.

$300 if I can hear it run and it's unmolested. If it's molested and I can hear it run maybe $250.

Most people forget that SBCs are cheap motors. Back home you can pick up a freshly machined 4 bolt 350 for $300-375 from the machine shop. It's a lot better to buy that than buy a motor of unknown condition to find that both the block needs machining and the rotating assembly is scrap.