Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How Much Did It Cost You To Line-x?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jpdrake, Mar 15, 2007.

1. jpdrake

jpdrake 1/2 ton status

gonna replace all the sheet metel through the whole truck and i dont wanna do it again. i know it varies but how much did it cost to line-x the inside and the underneath of the tub? if its all new sheet metal would there be any point in por-15 before line-x? do we all agree line-x would be better then por-15?

2. lorraih

lorraih Newbie

Linex

I used Reflux on my Blaze. It is a little softer than linex. I think I paid $450. It is covered from the tailgate, up both sides, all the way up to the firewall. It is great- just hose it out when it is dirty.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

friend got a quote for his k5 and it was 550 or 600 IIRC. Of course that was him driving the truck in, so they were figuring in pulling seats, etc etc. Im sure if you towed it in stripped, itd be a good bit cheaper

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I replaced the floors in the front, used Rust Bullet and then Herculined the entire thing...Look on page 4 of the link in my signature and let me know if you ahve any questions...

5. jpdrake

jpdrake 1/2 ton status

how long have you had it done any signs off rust returning?

6. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

How much heat do you get through the floor with just the paint and liner? I finally pulled all the rotten padding and vinyl from my floor. I want to do what you did to yours but I dont want my sandals melting when I drive.

7. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

It's been a few months and no signs of wearing...I will say one thing, it is friggin hot and loud in my truck....not a people friendly place....if you have an iny instead of an outy, you might not like it. I have an outy, don't mind so much...

All joking aside, it gets hot.

8. jpdrake

jpdrake 1/2 ton status

do any of you replace the carpet? where did you get it from? i bought a lmc carpet and returned it b/c it was mcdonalds red instead of maroon.