Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much did you pay labor for gear swap for 60 & 14bolt?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ryanNC, Jun 15, 2002.

1. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

just got my 5.13's for my axles and now i'm shopping around for a good installer or i'll just buy the tools and do it myself. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The cheapest place here was $250 each axle, and that was just to install the gears, no machine work. I have to press all of the bearings and races myself. The most expensive was $800.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

holy crap, theres a guy in near me that does it for 100 an axle if the axles arent in the truck and 150 for the axles if they are in the truck, (cuz he has to crawl under the truck) he does good work to, he is friends with Brian Waddel (winner of TTC last year if somone didnt know which im sure you do)

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

A friend just had his rear done and is going to have his front done this week at West Coast Differentials. I think they're charging him ~$180 per axle to install and set-up the gears.

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Steve, where is West Coast Differential? I take it he supplied the parts and was only charged for labor.

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

They're in Rancho Cordova, CA. A couple of the 4x4 rags send their gear work to them, so my friend figured they'd be pretty reputable. I was just quoting the labor cost he told me. He did supply some of his own parts and bought some of them from WCD.

7. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

best price i can get in mid nc is about 300 for the front and no one will give me a price on the rear. nobody knows what to do on the rear.might have to do this myself /forums/images/icons/mad.gif