Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much did you spend on your old lady's wedding ring?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Craig Artzner, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just bought a wedding ring for my girlfriend of 4 years today. Spent about $2700. Made sure it's exactly what she wants. Just curious to see how much the rest of you paid to buy into the wonderful world of marriage...

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I paid about what you paid.. I think we got a good ring for the price.. we went to a place called schiffmans, which is one of the oldest and most well known jewelers in pittsburgh.. ( lisa's hometown ).. I at least think I got a good enough "diamond education" to feel good about the purchase..

in the end, she got what she wanted.. which is what it's about anyway, right?

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I paid aboot that much but it was not the first ring. We (she) upgraded aboot 3 years after we were married:doah:

Ira

4. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

1600 for the first one, then 5k for the upgrade.

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I was WAY cheaper.

NO no other reason than I KNEW a big ring and a big stone did not suit her, nor did she turn out to want it.

I bought her a thin ring of white gold, with several saphiers square cut in a tight little row in the ring, very simple. 650 ish

I eventualy found a matching ring with diamonds, but that will have to wait as i now have to RE-buy the first ring too, as it was lost.

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

The wedding ring was cheap...like $100.00, it the engagement ring. Id just come back from the Med so she got the full 3 months pay thing so what ever a e-4 made in 1991 around 3-4k, the anneversary thing last year...jeeze I could of bought another truck, funny thing is she wears them about as much as I drive my truck.....next to never :haha:

7. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

At the time I sold my 84 K5 to help pay for her ring. (Already had a company truck to drive) I payed about $9200.00 for the engagement and wedding ring. It was somewhat custom designed so it was a little more/bigger than I had planned.

8. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

2100.00 then at the 10 year anniversary another 2k

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

"crackerjack box".......I aint jokin either...

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

oh i would have guessed the little metle ring that snaps off the cap when you unscrew a new bottle :D:D:D :haha:

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

$99.00 After 25 years she is still wearing it proudly. Who wouldn't ? After all it is 14 ct solid gold. Just like mine.:laugh: Joanne was never the kind of woman you could woo with shiny baubles and jewels.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats right it's more about the unbreakable bond the ring signifies, thats why , when the dog ate the first $400 white gold band right off my finger and I had the second $25 silver ring smashed under a washing machine. I had it soldered back together by the ravenous crank fiend I gave the dog to...:haha: :haha: :haha: Ahhh good times....

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

We were just starting out , I didn't spend enough . Got a cut that looks bigger though LOL .

Whats neat is you can always buy more on the good anniversaries , the 10th ( if you made it past 5 your good people and old school ) , 20th , 25th , 30th , 40th , and 50th :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  14. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

$300 for both her's and mine then $100 1/4 carot I bought off of brother in law when his fiance left him. Had it set onto her's over Christmas. She thought she lost her ring. Oh well. I hate buying jewelry. I get critisized (sp) all the time because when brought up and asked my opinion I first tell them I really do not care to share my opinion on the subject and when they persist I politlly inform them that my personal opinion is that jewelry is of no use. Now granted, I do see the importance of having wedding rings, and have no problem having some jewelry but why spend thousands on something to look at. I guess it was the way I was raised I guess. Oh well. That is just me and my .02.

You can now tell me what a scroog Mctight wad I am but she still loves me:D

15. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

My wife's family are life-long friends with a jeweler so we got a great deal.

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I KNEW i would wreck gold or anything like that so i bought a 90 doller titanium band off ebay, and that thing hold up to anything, i never take it off so welding acids and cemicals are no problem, every once and a while I will hit it on the buffing wheel and it is good as new:D

17. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Right with you. My wife and got gold bands because we were both still in school and cash was tight. Then we upgraded hers at about our 5th year anniversary. I broke down and bought her some nice earrings for this past Valentines day and I still can't believe how much money you have to spend to get those little rocks.

In her defense, she's worth a lot more to me than little amount of money we do spend on jewelry. Also, she doesn't have a work truck, a hunting truck, and a fishing boat in progress junkin up the drive. Nor does she have a gun habit like I do.

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

My wife and I dug around at pawn shops for a month looking for a ring, found one that we thought was undervalued and paid $675 for it, went and had it appraised for $2800 the next week (that was 9 years ago, no idea what it's worth now). It's a half carat nice clarity with some baguettes.

Next Feb. is our 10 yr. and I'm thinking about upgrading her (ring:D ).

19. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

That is an awesome idea.

20. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks man. I pretty much bought what she wanted and picked out. And since she is quite responsible, in college, and may possibly make more money than me a few years down the road, I'll bite that bullet and like it.