Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much do yall think a brand new early 70's ventage LS6 is worth?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Aug 15, 2005.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

My dad got an LS6 for his graduation present from high school (his dad offered to buy him a CORVETTE but he wanted a Pontiac Firebird, so they settled on an LS6 :doah: ) and he never got around to putting it together. I was looking through the toolroom at my shop recently and found most of the parts for the motor, all in the original boxes (some of the boxes are falling apart but they are there nontheless). The only major components I couldnt find were the pistons and crank. Everything else (block, heads, rods, intake and other doo-dads) are accounted for and everything except the intake is brand new. I'm curious as to how much something like this would be worth collector wise. I was thinking about assembling the motor and putting it in my 69 Chevelle some day but I would like to know if its worth some serious coin first. Thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it would be worth it in a numbers matching car I would say. Engine alone, I don't know, to someone trying to build a repro I guess it would be.

I know the LS6s in original numbers matching cars are $$$

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

An over the counter LS6 is prob. worth a couple grand to the right car or boat guy. Like Sled said, unless it was to keep a numbers matching car original its not that special...