Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much do you love your K5?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 19, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Would you cry if you looked outside and saw nothing where it used to park?

I love my K5. Who ever thought a chunk of high maintenance metal and rubber could bring so much joy to me and my kids?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well did you sell it or what??? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

i've had dreams where my k5 gets broken into or dismantled, rolled, burned...i guess you'd call them nightmares, i never used to have any. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

No, it's on the auction block. As people keep asking me questions, I'm tearin my heart out telling them about it...

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yea if i lost my sub id cry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. i hate to ask, but why is it leaving??

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm still kicking myself for ever selling my first K5 (72, 454, sm465, NP-205, 1 tons with 4:56's on 35's for most of the time I had it) I don't know if I'd miss the 76 as much as I miss the 72. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

It's been sitting over dirt for the last few months on and off, it costs too much to keep registered/insured right now, it's too un-economical (not that THAT's really a big deal), and I'm afraid it will sit for another year before I can play with it again. Plus I have to put a roof on my house before the newly refinished interior goes the same way the last interior went, and I'm short a couple grand for it...
    Sitting for a year through the rain and snow season, over moist ground, unregistered so rarely driven or started, all add up to bad rust when I get time to play with her again...

I was looking at K5's on ebay, thinking I could buy another in a year and get back into it like I did with the last one, but when I start thinking that, I start thinking how my last k5 gave me a million reasons to sell it, this K5 has a different personality and I'd miss her...

I told my wife it's like when you have to put your dog to sleep. You wish like crazy you could keep her, but it would just be wrong to her, and things would get bad.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I didn't particularly care for seeing my K5 on a tow truck, dead...

I've gotten attached to my Exploder, had it for 11 months now (yeah, it's a record)... I dunno if I'll ever get rid of it... Probably couldn't if I wanted to unless I give it away or sell it for like $500 /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't particularly care for seeing my K5 on a tow truck, dead...

I've gotten attached to my Exploder, had it for 11 months now (yeah, it's a record)... I dunno if I'll ever get rid of it... Probably couldn't if I wanted to unless I give it away or sell it for like $500 /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] $500.00 for a Exploder ??? Is that asking alittle much ??? I mean, it is a furd. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't own a K5, but if my K10 disappeared, someone would die.

Then again, there's always the K30. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I hear ya... trying to sell the trucks, so I can pull myself out of debt, straiten my credit out, and get my life set up right.

the worst nightmare I ever had involving my truck, was about a week after my baby 77 C20 pickup was totaled... had a dream that I went out front, and it was gone... I somehow managed to track it down, and entered a large warehouse, where 20 people were swarming over it, tearing every useable part out of it... then, they loaded it into this giant machine, that picked it up 20 feet in the air, and began shredding the rest of it.

when `pandafoot' was totaled, I yelled, I screamed, I broke my hand punching the rear quarter pannel on the bed, but most of all, I cried.

I don't want to sell my sub's, but I don't have much choice... I owe too much to too many companies because of my stint with being unemployed. I don't have anywhere to work on them, I don't know anyone out here in california* and don't have much time to do anything with them.

if you'll excuse me, I need to go hug a bottle of jack daniels...

*(while I've met plenty of people who live in the state of california, I don't know any of them well enough to say crash out on thier couch for a night, or drive over un-announced to just `hang out' )

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, Id cry... then I'd track down the f00 who stole it and fawkin slay their azz. prolly go to jail, but hey, its the Jimmy... and you dont get between a man and his jimmy!

j

13. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Would you cry if you looked outside and saw nothing where it used to park?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what happened to me easter of 2000, it was there one night and gone in the morning, copd found it, insurance company wanted to total it, we fought i got the truck fixed and found another company /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do... As long as you plan on doing it again... I couldn't sell my K5 no matter what happened. For one thing it runs a heck of a lot longer between problems than my work van does. (it's a furd) /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

selling a truck sucks, plain and simple. I sold my 86 jimmy for $3000, it hurt really bad to see my beautiful truck go for that little but hey I need cash and that's the way things work. I feel your pain completely but I think you know that selling it is the way to go, and keeping it would only make you realize this.

16. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

"You could set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill, and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille..."

(Name that tune...)

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I tell ya what, seeing your rig on its side definitely makes you think of all the fun you had in it.

18. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I think it's "Pickup Man" but I have no clue who it's by.

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Lyrics continue with:

It's got an 8 foot bed that never has to be made
    You know if it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tailgates

Met all my wives, in traffic jams

There's just something women like about a pickup maaaan....

No idea who the artist is though, I've forgotten.

20. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

alan jackson sings that song... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif