Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much does a goosneck/5thwheel trailler that fits 2 k5s go for if they exist?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Aug 17, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

me my buddy and i where having a debate on how much a, gn/5whl trailer that can hold 2 built k5s, would cost? and its gotten to the point where we have to find out. if there even is a trailer, lookin for a setup that new chevy duramax could tow.

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Oh they exist. After you get into the bigger goosenecks the length measurement is just the deck, the gooseneck and dovetail are extra length. A 30ft gooseneck with dovetail can usually carry 35ft of rig.

3. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You are going to be looking at equipment trailers. Plenty of them around here 20,000 lb capacity usually at least 30ft long never priced one though I know they aren't cheap. My buddy is towing his longbed chevy and a bronco to Moab in a couple of weeks with a Cummins on one they both fit just fine

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

had seen a gooseneck 24 or 26foot 10 ton that was in great shape around here go for $5,000 iirc

5. FWP

FWP CRS

$6000-9000 depending on condition Edit- for a pro built trailer, not homemade.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  6. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have one that will do it, its a goose neck with a 26/28 foot bed triple axle all three with brakes. I think the axles are 3500# at least. It was at one point a fifth wheel travel trailer with two axles and then the third was added. It's as wide as my dually rear fenders and tows my race car great. It's more then I need bought the dually just so I could tow it. Now stuck with both and I have a Suburban that I could be towing another trailer with which may work better but if you interested let me know. It even has a winch mount on the front of the bed.