Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much flex

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by basing110, Aug 8, 2005.

1. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

alright i am going to do tuff country suspension 2" lift 52" spring swap with 7.25 eye to eye shackles up front with a zero rate and 4" lift 56" rear springs with my ord 4" shackle flip ,i may be taking out a leaf or two depending on how the ride height comes out ..keep in mind i am running 44" boggers ... how much flex should i expect from this swap? anyone know about how many inches i will cycle? and is this a good setup or will it be to stiff?i was also thinking about just running 4" lift tuff country springs up front because they have 325 rate compared to the 405 of the 52" leaves what should i do?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  2. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you'd be too high in the back. I'm no chevy guru. See my sig.

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I had those exact springs on my truck with a 3" body lift and it would have cleared 44's quite well. I would say the rear with 6" shackles provided ~9" suspension lift and the front with 7.25" shackles provided ~7-8"

It was too high for what I wanted, so I only had them on there for a few days. Thus, I have both the TC 2" 52's and the 4" 56's for sale if you're interested.

The 52" TC's wouldbe quite a bit more flexy than stock-length 4" springs. You will most likley be hard pressed to find ~8" lift and still be flexible without going with 52" TC's

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you'll have a 6-7" lift up front, and an easy 9" in the rear. 4" 52's up front should make about an 8".

5. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

how much do you want for those springs? and you think its 8-9" lift without any blocks? email me how much you want chameleon_mb@yahoo.com also can you send some pics of that setup so i can see about what i am looking at? do you know how much flex you were getting about?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

No, he said he has a 3" body lift.