Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much fluid does a np208 hold??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by little79k5, Oct 21, 2002.

1. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

hey yall. so how much fluid in a np208? any way to check it?
    what kind of fluid should i run in it? atf? thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yep, its a pain the the butt, but i finally did 3 weeks after i got my truck, mine check bolt had blue locktite on it, talk about a pita to get off, anyway yes they hold about 4-5 quarts of dextron 3, yes you can check them, it is the 30mm TOP bolt, so go find yer handy 30mm socket or adjustable wrench, but dont round it off, 6 point is good those bolts are soft and cheap, take it out and if it is full it should spill some, if its not /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, stick yur finger in there and see how far you stick your finger in there before it contaccts ATF, i thinkg GM speicifies the fluid level should be just below the filll hole, heck i just fill it till fluid comes out, kinda messy, but GO-JO works well to clean me up, and when reinstalling the check\fill bolt just tighten it back up, and remember your threading back into aluminum, so tighten it up, but dont over tighten. and the drain bolt is the 30mm bolt on the bottom. good luck, hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

thanks! very helpful. i just checked it, it's definatly low. my 30mm bolt camer right off with vise grips.

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

lucky son of a gun, mine was starting to round off, so i had to do the 30mm, but good that you found out that its low, and that your gunna resolve the problem, good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner