Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much for 4" rear leaf springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Vetteman61, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Vetteman61

Vetteman61 Registered Member

What's the least amount of money I could expect to pay for 4" rear leaf springs only that are not total pieces of junk. I don't need shocks or anything. I have blocks, and even after remilling the blocks to a better pinion angle, my stock rear shocks are sagging so bad I just can't get the vibration out. The pinion angle is just jacked up. Plus, after milling the rear blocks the rear sags ever so slightly... maybe 1/2 ich or so.. but it's visible to me and i hate the BULLDOGGED look on my K5.
    Do 4" leaf springs come or require shims?

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Shims will depend on some factors.. things like have you converted over to a fixed yoke from a slip yoke, wheelbase, etc etc. I know most 4" blocks have a slight taper in them.

As for 4" rear springs, have you given any thought to a 4" shackle flip? That would let you run stock springs, and still get 4". It's also cheaper, and will normally ride better too. If springs are what you want, I don't really know who has the cheapest. I have not been shopping for any. But, you may want to cruise through a fewpages of the for sale section of the forum, and see if someone is selling something in the right price for you. Lot's of guys tend to go toward a shackle flip here to keep a supple suspension.

Good luck :thumb: