Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much fuel do you use on a weekend trailride?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Jan 30, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Anyone's input appreciated. For hard wheeling away from gas stations, how much do yall use? I'm trying to decide between a 22 gal and 32 gal fuel cell... The 22 gal has the right dimensions, but the 32 gal unit obvioulsy holds more. I'll also have one, maybe two 5 gal jerry cans.

My truck has a 350, hopefully soon a 400, TH350/203, 36" swamps, 4.11 gears. Can anybody give me a rough estimate or some thoughts?
    Thanks
    Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

We usually go out on saturdays so we have a day to fix any screw ups before Monday(work). I run thru about 23-27gallons on most outings. I guess thats about 2gallons an hour. I've had times where I had to make gas runs after going thru almost a full tank. I've got a stock 31gallon. Hope this helps some. Hey when do you plan on making a trip to Clayton, the K5 and I are interested. Keep me updated.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

If rockcrawling I use about 15 gallons a day but when I used to playing in the mud that was more like 24-26 a day. My motor is nothing special although not quite stock. Hope this helps.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have a stock 350 with a edelbrock intake and 600cfm edelbrock carb and i use about 20-25 gal oh and i have a 31 gal tank. imho i would get the bigger tank just my .02

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

5. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

In Big bear last weekend, I went through about a half tank from the time I left home to the time I returned. There was about a 40 min. drive to and from the meeting point.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with the 32 gal tank and just sink it into the bed about 5". That way, I can feel comfortable with one jerry can for gas and one for water. Instead of 2 for gas. Thanks for yall's input. I've just never had this truck on a long trail ride. My old toyota could go all weekend on a 16 gal tank. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!