Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much fun is this wheeling thing anyway????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Aug 27, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I really never went before /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif would you all say it is worth all the money and time???? In the end??? Do any of you ever think,hmmmm, why did i do that??? Basically is it REALLY WORTH IT???? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Explain why it is worth it and how much fun it is . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Bear with me, i have a killer axle but i am running a stock truck for now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Well worth it, even if you just take your stock truck out on the easy trails (be sure to carry a good set of spares though). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My truck isnt really stock any more but being a long bed pickup, swapping the 3/4 ton axles and 16" tires it still looks like a stock truck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

While I'm currently wheelin' impaired, I have gone a couple times.

Hard to explain, it's just fun. Kinda like challenging yourself (or your truck and driving skills rather) to get you through something you probably shouldn't attempt...

When I got my truck stuck in several foot deep mud, a couple feet from the ocean waterline, shortly before high tide, I started thinking "maybe I shouldn't have done that", but most other times, it was pretty much "wow, that was cool"...

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thats cool. I just know how much all this is costing me i got 13 grand in a stock truck /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Sounds like a stupid question, but really why is it worth it?? Nothing like the feeling of getting near vertical on some rocks??I could see that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah im a stocker too, theres a whole life to be lead in just the lounge anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I wouldn't mind being just a stocker right now... I'm impaired as in, I don't have a truck anymore... Sold it almost a year ago now. I still skim the paper every day. Sad how few K5's are left in this area...

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I used to think it was tons of fun, then I blew up the engine. Now after rebuilding my blazer, and seeing all the chopped, and smashed rigs on here, I dont want it to look like that. Once I get 4wd working, I am going to the rubicon, but Ill buy a beater to wheel.

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Dude! you havn't lived till you've bounced so hard you shear a D60 axle housing,pop two tires crack the frame and your engine tries to jump out from under the hood all in one fell swoop, that was my last blazer, now it's gone to GM hell;picknpull /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I just feel like i dont know what im working towards anymore /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif its like the feeling has passed,but i still have visions of a lifted chevy wall on big tires /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Just ptting it all on the backburner for now, the more my family grows the less i desire /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif( but still do)

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I used to think it was tons of fun, then I blew up the engine. Now after rebuilding my blazer, and seeing all the chopped, and smashed rigs on here, I dont want it to look like that. Once I get 4wd working, I am going to the rubicon, but Ill buy a beater to wheel.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah thats what i mean,i first thought i would just do some small stuff and then be able to roll..........oh i was wrong /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif just having second thoughts, i need to be reminded /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. unclematty

take a break man! not a big deal, save it for when family is gettin to ya, good place to vent-working on truck, thats what I do. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think four wheeling is better than sex.

I certainly hope my girlfriend doesn't read this.

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think four wheeling is better than sex.

I certainly hope my girlfriend doesn't read this.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    take a break man! not a big deal, save it for when family is gettin to ya, good place to vent-working on truck, thats what I do. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] yeah i have been on here everyday for almost a whole year(5 hrs a nite) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif for hours on end. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Mabey its burn out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif No wait,i got banned and was gone for one day /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I will tell you that it is awesome. It takes alot of time an money for a truck to be ready for some heavy trail action but once you get it there it is awesome. The thing that makes it really cool though is if you have an awesome set of guys to go wheeling with. I am lucky here in AZ there is world class four wheeling and there is an even better group of guys to go with from here. It is an awesome feeling when you finish obsticles that you didn't think you could and go places you never thought you ever would in your own ride.

I will also say that I do like to catch a ride with some of my friends sometime because it is cool to just watch what goes on too.

Wheeling for me is about taking my truck places it probably shouldn't be and BS with the crew at the end of the trail. It is all about having a good time and hanging out with a bunch of like minded people.

Harley

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wish I'd spent a year on here before I built my rig.

I could have built an awesome rig in 6 months instead of spending 4 years trying to figure out how to do this whole thing.

If I would have known that the good axles bolt right in, and that you could throw a 4 speed in place of an automatic so easly 4 years ago, I can't even fathom how cool my truck would be right now.

Now I want to build a truggy though. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Harley,

We had a great group of guys here in IL, and they all sold their rigs, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Except Tyler, he is just taking forever to build one.

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok guys....but it better damn well be worth it. I better be grinnin from ear to ear when this damn thing is done. I guess it is mainly about the people thats true 100% , i mainly just sit here and talk in the lounge to people who had, or like chevy trucks. I just want to know first hand from some adults whats all the hype about? I can see the looking cool factor too, but i want to build my truck for offroad use mainly.Family wheelin trips. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just want to know what i am working towards /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. unclematty

I think we all go through that on occasion' I know I do, I just take a break don't do anything with it for a while then just jump back in when I feel the need! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think we all go through that on occasion' I know I do, I just take a break don't do anything with it for a while then just jump back in when I feel the need! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] there ya go, just feelin "down" right now thats all. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. unclematty

It's cool to walk out to the garage and stand next to that big honkin blazer and go " damn, this thing is freakin HUGE!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    PS smile it's about to be SATURDAY!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif