Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much have you all paid?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Apr 18, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

Im getting ready to install either a 8" or 10" suspension lif tand i was wondering how much you all have paid to have your driveshafts lengthened and anything i need to do. I know that different shops have different prices but i would like a ball park range. How much will a 1 ton cv shaft cost me? anything else im missing will be appreciated. Thanks

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i paid 600 bucks to get, front shaft lengthened, rebuilt cv, new spicer solid core u joints, 1350 yoke at the pinion, Shorten the rear shaft, put on 1350 yokes, spicer solid core u joints.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

My friend built mine w/ a chop saw and a welder. Didn't cost a penny.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I paid approx $200.00 per shaft. I had new shafts made, didn't reuse anything from the old shafts. When I put the 14 Bolt FF in, I'm going to have new rear shaft made with a CV this time. I always have custom shafts made when I modifie a truck. Might cost alittle more, but I feel it's worth doing it right.

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I paid 118 to have a longer shaft cut down so it would be 1 inch longer than my stock shaft, a new u-joint put in the slip yoke end, and the shaft balanced.

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i paid 55 for my shafted shortened,a 1350 yoke put on and a new ujoint. 1350 yoke cost is included in the 55.