Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much have you spent on your truck? (repairs, etc.)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89GMCSuburban, Mar 5, 2003.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I was just thinking about it, I've spent over $9,000 on this thing since I bought it in September of 2001.
    New engine, tranny, rear end, front end, fuel pump, 2 water pumps, radiator, A/C compressor...twice, alternator, all new brakes, alarm, stereo..everything... Damn, how much have you guys spent on mods, repairs...everything except gas and lubricants for various things?

2. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

I have about $11,000 in mine. I put a new motor in it the the paint and body work, all new brakes, the upholstry, stereo, the rearend , and now the 8" lift and 38.5 Ground Hawgs. This was supposed to be a cheap truck. I think it is getting a little out of hand.

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Over 15K and it isnt even running yet....

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

We'll just say that I could have bought a brand new heep /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif for what I have in mine (well maybe the stripped down model.) But I'd like to see that heep keep up with me now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif! Once again it's a case of "if I had known then what I know now" my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif would have been built quite a bit better for WAAAAAYY cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

well, bought for 800 in june, used it 3 or 4 times, and now im up to 4200 or so and its sitting without and engine in it right now. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i couldnt tell ya if i had to. for the parts i have at the prices i got im not to bad off. but i got A LOT in it. and have a LOT more to put in it. and still have not driven it in 2 years.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    soon.... in about 6 months or so....
    grant

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[Dr. Evil] ONE MIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLION DOLLARS! MUAHAHA! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [/Dr.Evil]

Feels that way, anyway. I try not to add up 'what I have in it'. It depresses me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I keep pretty detailed records of the stuff I buy and things that go on my truck. In modifications, I'm past the $3,000 mark. Mind you that doesn't include regular maintenence (ie, new radiator, hoses, plugs, wires, u-joints, seals, etc.). Yeah, it's an expensive hobby - and I've got a long ways to go yet before it's at the point I want it to be. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

more than a down payment on a house, and don't think that fact is lost to Rita /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have less than 700 bucks in mine...total! That includes the 3/4 ton and 4 spd swap, suspension, tires, etc... I have built this thing on swapping parts, etc...

11. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Well I spent $1400 alone this week in R&P's and an ARB for my front dana 60. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    My custom Alcans will be here in like 3 or 4 weeks, there is another $800. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Between me and my dad we have alot in my truck. It was his truck first, and then he gave it to me. He dropped a new motor, tranny (x2), rearend, plus purchase price.

I personally dropped $3000 on it this summer alone with the axle swap, tranny, and other odds and ends. I also dropped a fair amount in the distributor, carb, and MSD ignition system. I have $300 in the carb & dis, and another $400 in the MSD. I personally have over $4000 wrapped up in it sofar, and there is much more to come. My dad probably has over $16000 in it with purchase price included. He bought it in 1990 used for $9000 or so.

Together me and my dad are over $20000, and probably closer to $25000 with normal repairs included.

13. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I don't want to know. all I know is I'm not even close to being finished with it. I dont think I will ever be finished /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif WARNING /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    If your wife has your CK5 password...DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT...answer this question...

15. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Once again it's a case of "if I had known then what I know now" my would have been built quite a bit better for WAAAAAYY cheaper

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding! I'm hitting the 12k mark with new axles, wheels/tires, engine, rebuilt tcase, new suspension and much much work before on old engine and old axles (what a waste) bought the truck for 4K /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i have spent a bit on my luv (nopt nearly what you guys have though) i have about 3K in my luv roght now, and it runs like a dream (except for a bearing being out in the fron end, lukilly its only a drive bearing and its ifs so it dont take any wieght and never spins /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

17. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

Way Too Much /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Agreed, way to damn much. after i did all the axles, gears, lockers, and suspension, I was gonna take a break and just do cheap stuff, like getting all the elertical stuff working right, but im gonna be dropping another 6 bills into a bumper tommorow. I look at it this way, If i wasn't trying to save money for new upgrades, id just be blowing all my money At the Bar, and partying, I can still do that stuff, but i keep it under control a lot better when im thinking, "only 200 more dollars and i can get this.................."

19. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

8K. . . owe the bank 7k. . . i'm not even 17 yet! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

yes my money, not my dad's!!!!

20. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Including the original purchase about $8k.