Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much herculiner to do my floor?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, May 12, 2001.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am going to use the roll on bed liner on my entire floor. how much do I need? will the 6ft kit do? or will I need the xtra qt?

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

2. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

It took 1 1/2 gallons to do mine. I bought 2 gallons, put it on everything from the firewall back and up the inner sheet metal walls and on the inside of the tailgate. Put 2 coats on the front floor area. Really helps to cut down road noise and as rust proofing.

Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!

3. Big_Ugly_Diesel

Big_Ugly_Diesel Registered Member

I used a complete gallon to do the inside of my Scout from firewall to tailgate and up both sides so I would imagine you would have to use the extra quart to do the Blazer. I would think twice about using the Herculiner though. I was going to do my Blazer after I did my Scout but I soon found out the Herculiner was not a very good product. I believe it is stricly a non slip coating, not a heavy duty coating. I have two holes in mine already from a transmission sitting in there for 2 days, vibration is a Herculiner killer! It works good for a non-slip and rust prevenitive but that is it. I would go with the thicker spray in kind if you plan on putting anything in your Blazer.

4. xtreme_wlr

xtreme_wlr 1/2 ton status

I coated the inside of the cab of my truck with it and have been very happy with it for that. I have also used it to do the bed of my Toyota p/u and have found that it will peel up if your prep isnt done right and if you really beat the hell out of it. If you want a thicker coating, then you will need to buy twice as much or more to do it with the Herculiner. With what that would cost, it would be wiser to go with a spray in liner like Rhino and have it professionally done.

'78 Chevy 1 ton Stepside RockCrawler
    468 BB, SM465, NP205
    D60 front, GM 14Bolt rear w/ Detroit
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://65.11.18.114>http://65.11.18.114</A>