Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much is a cheap set of plug wires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 1, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

i want to know how much a cheap set of plug wires is. Im gonna invest in MSD christmas time, but i need cheapos now.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

summit racing plug wires. pretty good, too.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The only problem with cheap wires is they cost you about $1,000,000 in headaches. I would HIGHLY recommend buying a quality set now if you need them.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check out the Taylor Spiro-Pro wires at www.summitracing.com . I run 'em on everything I own. One set has been in use for about 8 years now and they still work great! So spend $50 or so once and be done. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I haven't had any problems to speak of, with my Schucks El Cheapo plug wires. These are gray ones, not Autolite, however, they ahve a lifetime warranty, so if I *think* they are the problem, I'll just return them and get new ones.

I believe they ran around $25-35, and I've been running the same set for two years.

One "trick" that some people use apparently, is plug wires from an Olds V8 (say, a 1985 Cutlass with the 307/5 Liter) because the boots are "straight" and tend to keep the wires away from headers or manifolds a bit better. Haven't needed to try this myself.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I run Bosch wires from Autozone. $30 with lifetime warranty. I just take them in every two years or so for a fresh set. Not awful wires, but also not the best. They even let me buy a new set and then return the old set for a refund, which makes changing them more convenient.