Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much is a dana60 rear worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tshane, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

i found 2 rear dana60's in a junk yard this weekend i was wonder how much they r worth around?

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I paid 500$ for mine. it came out of a 79 ford. 72THING had put new gears and a disk brake setup on it plus it's a Full floater.

Eric

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have sold a few for $100 for a used axle with open carrier. Or $150-200 for a used axle with Power lock limited Slip (common in 1963-66 3/4 ton GMC's with leaf springs).

4. b laub

b laub Registered Member

tyler ur shitter doesn't have a 383 in it yet tard and u don't evan know how to drive a cluth worth a [censored] so u already had to get a new one and now u have to rebuild ur tranny lol later pud
    /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Be shure to check axle size.Some rear 60s aren't much stronger than 12B.Lot of work to put in larger axles.Looking for cheap alternative,try 10.25 ford sterling.1 1/2 35spline axles,easy to weld,more clearance than shaved 14B.Some of brake drums pull off hub without pulling bearings.makes brake service a snap and disc brakes are factory parts swap. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    tyler ur shitter doesn't have a 383 in it yet tard and u don't evan know how to drive a cluth worth a [censored] so u already had to get a new one and now u have to rebuild ur tranny lol later pud

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Aww, Tshane has a freind; that was so sweet it brought a tear to my eye. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Nice grasp of the written language, BTW. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

7. b laub

b laub Registered Member

lol ya i just like riding his azz a lil bit about everything /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif he just got his truck a couple months ago and it barely runs its a gag

8. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

He's a piece of [censored]....

9. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

Hey i wouldnt be talkin your [censored] aint going to be running much longer either with the way your rearend is is.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif