Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much is a paint job?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rasberry, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I just want a basic paint job, I don't plan to be in any shows. Just something to get it all the same color. What can i expect to pay?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You can get a cheap paint njob at "Earl Sheib" or one of those type places for under $300. They actualy come out OK if you do the prepwork and remove all the trim before taking it in. </font color>

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Depends on if you plan to do it yourself, use a spray can or a paint gun, etc. Spray paint will be under $100. If you have a spray gun the supplies should be $200 or less if you use cheap paint. If you have a Maaco in your area, get a price from them too.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

it depends on how much body work needs to be done and what color you are going to use...black takes much more time to do body work for, than say white.

mine will be close to 5500 buckaro's when I'm done, and that's with me having a brand spankin new front end, including the doors, forward is brand new..... but I'll have a paint job people will say "holy crap nice paint job".....

Brandy

5. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Line X it. $500 bucks and you'll never have to worry bout scratchin it up

6. Mike.S

Mike.S Registered Member

Line-X. I've seen a few rock crawlers with Line-X on the bodies. I like the idea myself and will probably do it on my daily drive. Low maint., no waxing, etc. Not that I'm lazy, I just don't like having to wash my truck more then twice a year. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I plan to Herculiner the whole interior next week end. My budy did his truck bed and I really like how it came out. I was thinking on Herculineing about 8" all around the bottom outside. Thats where I get the most wear and tear from mudd slinging.