Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much is my lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by horsepit, Jan 9, 2002.

1. horsepit

horsepit Registered Member

Nov 25, 2001
    Just bought a 1987 Blazer that has a lift. The owner didn't install it. He thinks it's a 4" but doesn't know. How can I tell? Where are the measuring points to compare to stock?

1987 Blazer, Rancho 4"
  2. measure from the top of your front axle tube to the bottom of the bumpstop bracket. somewhere around 12-13 inches is a 4 inch lift. variables would be winch, big or small block, age of springs and so on. there was a thread on this a while back and everyone put in their data. might be able to find it- do a search.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>
  3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

May 30, 2001
    I usually look at the steering to tell me if it doesn't have crossover on it. If it has the stock pitman arm on it and the steering arm for correction, the drag link should be about perfectly straight across if it's a 4" lift with that arm.

'84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles