Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much is the glass that goes in the rear tail gate

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKE, Apr 8, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I will post later the details of my stupidity, But how much dose the glass cost? i will call and see if the junk yard has one, if not then the auto glass place. How much should I exspect to hand out? I will go work out some of the anger and come back, and prepare myself for your answer.

85 k5 with electric window if that makes a difference.

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

$154.32...plus new tint...

Ya just don't wanna know how I found that out... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well bud I just had to replace mine and it cost me $198 and some change and they came out to my work to change it out and it came with the dark factory tint. But the guys I got it from claim to be the glass sluts of south texas. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Okay thanks thats not too bad. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So here is the deal.
    I am working on the truck al day doing odds and ends. I put in some newer style windshield wipper fluid squarters in the hood. I also rigged up a thing with some bolts and nuts to attach my spare to the outside of the tail gate. It works great by the way. Any way, my window never really went down all the way as it would get stuck. I had had the tail gate down working on it, and had to pull the window out to work on it. Finished up, and excited to put the tire on i throw the tail gate closed ( with the window out more) and crash. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif opps