Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much is this worth

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pplblazerdude, Jan 27, 2004.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

In the local trading post i found a dana 44 and a 14 bolt full floater with 4.10 out of a 70's model 3/4 ton hints dana 44 for 350 are they worth this or are they worth passing up.

Thanks
    CLint

2. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

the places i've priced here seemed to be pretty close to that is that for both or just the front if its for both jump on it . /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. pplblazerdude

yeah it is for both of them. I just dont know if i need them im only runing 35s but i figurie i may go 37 or 38 in a few years. A money is tight as im 16 and i need to rebuild my motor to.

Thanks
    Clint

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

If your already "thinking" your going 37's or 38's, that means you WILL go 37's or 38's! Trust me, Once you get the disease, there's NO CURE!! do yourself a favor and grab them if you can. Do you know Exactly what year? look at the passenger side knuckle, see if it has a "flat top knuckle", That will be a plus if you ever plan steering upgrades. 75 and earlier will have that.

5. pplblazerdude

I havent seen the axels the guy said they where out of a 70s 3/4 ton pickup. Is there a chance it would be a sf instead of a ff i dont wont to persue it if theres a chance. Also will a flat top knukle work with my stock steering. I dont wont to spend a bunch of money on the side.

Thanks
    Clint

6. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

If its 70's its a 14FF. Flat top knuckles have the same steering as yours( drag link on the driver side) Flat top knuckes are what is needed to do crossover steering, if you ever decide to go that way.

4.10 is a good place to start. With 35's you will be just right for playin and using it as DD. I say grab them axles now, rebuild your motor when it quits runnin.

7. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

The flat top knuckle will work with your stock steering. The reason he brought up the flat top knuckle is because you will need it if you want to go with crossover steering later on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Here is ORD's stuff for crossover. You can read up on it here at ORD. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

8. pplblazerdude

I cant wait much longer for the engine rebuild is i go through a gallon of antifreeze in less then 500 miles and 1 quart of oil every 500 to 1000 and i already have 4 10 in my blazer all i will get out of it is strength.

Thanks
    CLint

9. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

When you go to install these, allow plenty of time. If you are running 15" wheels, some amount of caliper grinding will be necessary. While not difficult, it is time consuming. Other than that, pretty much a straight forward swap. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif