Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much less clearnce is there with the 14B & D60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by smp, Jun 23, 2001.

1. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about cutting about 1 3/4" to 2" off my 14B and as much as possible off the D60 and welding in a patch panel and figure out a way to modify the covers to work.
    So how much more does the 14B and Dana 60 hang down than 1/2 ton axles? I just want to see how much would be needed to trim to get the same or more clearnce.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Are you a rock crawler? Is that why you think that would be necessary?

If I had 1 ton axles I'd be thrilled! I'd leave them alone! But I'm not a rock crawler.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I put some pics of our "shaved" 14 bolt up on our site
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.offroaddesign.com/TopTruck.htm>http://www.offroaddesign.com/TopTruck.htm</A>
    they're toward the bottom of the page, so the pics will take a minute to load.
    I don't know about the D60, there's a lot to be gained, but I don't know if it's really worth cutting the diff, or if you're better off just grinding the extra off. I'm pretty fond of my Tera60R, I think it's the same or less dangle than a D44 or 10bolt. But big $. It also does a nice job of protecting expensive front driveshafts!

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [image]http://coloradok5.com/logo_ordsmall.gif[/image]
    SW-ORD

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Man, Stephen, those are bad assed pics!!! I like that shot of the front suspension set up!!! [​IMG] Can't wait to see more pics too!!!

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

5. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

I only got the first 3 pics to load couldn't see the shaved 14B pics oh well try latter.
    I also like the Terra 60R but for $4300+ that sure will buy alot of grinding and cut off wheels i figured they could get that much clearnce than so can i the only problem that i see is modifing the cover to fit. Teraflex looks like they just made there own cast cover to fit there 60R.

6. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Hey Stephen,

How big are those tires you are running? I am thinkin of going that big someday? They look like super swampers, is that true? later

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I'm not Stephen, but I believe those bad boys are 42" Swampers.