Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much lift before an angled arm is needed on a Dana 60 crossover conversion?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I am getting ready to do the crossover conversion and found the non angled arm and the angled arm. I run a 6" lift and could use my 3" steering block If needed. I found the arms here . What do you guys think?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I think you'll want the drop just to help the draglink clear the crossmember. </font color>

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

IIRC, the angled arm help the overall geometry of the x-over. A steering block would only bring the drag link closer to the crossmember, which would hit as soon as you are crossed up.

I know that when you run the ORD X-over with ORD zero rates, even with the bent drag link, it will bind on a stock engine crossmemeber.

I would get the angled armand be done with it.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i was wondering the same thing----i have the straight arm and noticed when i went out last night i went through the total compression on both of my front shocks and and not a scratch on the arm or the crossmember. i am still going to so something about the crossmember. i just don like how it is so close to the arm.

BTW i have a 6" TC EZ lift

i wouldn't use the steering block if you can avoid it---i personally dont like all that leverage on that point.

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thanks for the link. Thats the cheapest I've seen them. What did you do for a draglink? Looks like I'll go ahead with the angled arm.

7. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Here is my whole set up:
    got reman steering box from Advance auto for $200 w/ $50 core (junk yards around here are crazy)

got that steerng arm for $100 shipped

got drag link from rock stomper for $135 with both tie rod ends (bent version) (minus $10 for CK5 member)

then i called summit got a price on a dropped pitman arm for a i think a 78 F150, he said $69.99, I told him NTW had it listed in a magazine for $59.95. He looked it up and found it and sold the arm to me for $58.95 shipped w/ no handeling fee. I ended up spending around $434 for everything.