Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much lift could i get

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91_blazer, Jan 9, 2005.

1. 91_blazer

91_blazer Newbie

ok i got my 91 S-10 about 8 months ago havent really done anything to it yet or really drove it(im 14) how much lift could i get by cranking the toreshin bars up? i heard from people on other forums that i could get 3" and others say3-5" could u help me please!! Thanks Steve

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wouldn't recomend it but you can get about 2" most of the time. I would go to a junk yard and look for a zr2 then pull parts off and replace.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ZR2s are a different body style not sure you could even swap the parts over. Much more than 1" lift on torsion bars usually creates a bouncy and crappy ride. I did 1" on my 95 K2500 to level it out, it looked good but on good bumps it bounced like it had bad shocks. You could just do what I'm doing with my 85 S10, High Pinion 60, 14 bolt, 4 link with coilsprings, 39.5" Iroks ;)

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cranking up the IFS is one of the worst (and dummest) things I have seen. You will destroy your ride, handling, blow CV's out, and destroy tires by having the front end cranked out. I cringe everytime I see a cranked out lifted IFS chevy turn and that inside front tire bends to almost a 110* angle. If you want it higher I would purchase and install a lift kit to keep proper factory IFS angles.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned