Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOW MUCH LIFT FOR 39.5"X18" BOGGERS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by elkboy, Sep 20, 2000.

1. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

HOW MUCH LIFT FOR 39.5\"X18\" BOGGERS

I have a project K5 blazer I'm building. Currently I have a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift on it. Is anyone running 39.5"X18" Boggers on there Blazer ? How much lift is needed for proper clearance? I was planning on running 38" X 12.5" swampers, but I saw a set of 39.5"X18" used Boggers for sale. I'm building this blazer to pound on, so "It will clear under moderate off road conditions" won't make it. I don't mind cutting the fenders, but I need to keep the inner fender wells. Thanks in advance for any information.

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Re: HOW MUCH LIFT FOR 39.5\"X18\" BOGGERS

ON MY 86 CHEVY TRUCK I HAD A 6INCH LIFT WITH A 3 INCH BODY LIFT AND I CLEARED 38.5 x 16" WIDE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. YOU WOULD PROBABLY HAVE TO ADD AT LEAST 4 MORE INCHES TO THE SUSPENSION WITHOUT FENDER TRIMMING. IF YOU DID NOT WANT TO TRIM THE FENDERS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO LIFT IT MORE WOULD BE TO GET THE OFF-ROAD DESIGNS REAR SHACKLE FLIP. IF CAN ADD UP TO 4-INCHES TO THE REAR AND THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO BUY NEW FRONT 10-INCH SPRINGS THOUGH. DON'T FORGET ABOUT MORE STEERING AND DRIVESHAFT MODS AS WELL AS LENGENTHED BRAKE LINES AND BREATHER HOSES FOR THE AXLES.
    I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU WITH YOUR DECISION

ZEPPLIN

3. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Well, I have a Sub lifted with 12" National springs (soft, 11 leafers) and my 39.5"x15" wide Swampers on 12" wide Welds rub the rear of the front fenders. I have not trimmed anything yet, but plan to. I would say that you'll need at least 10" and trimming. I don't think my tires will ever clear without trimming, even if I went to 15" of lift!!! Course, most name brand (Superlift, etc) large (8+") lift springs are so stiff that they don't flex anyways, so you may get by with less lift if you run stiff springs. Me, I like the Cadillac ride and super flexy!!! :)

ken

5. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the information. I can not lift it any higher (because it will not fit in my garage and I cannot park in my driveway in my nieghborhood). Looks like 38.5 X 12.5 is the tallest I can go.