Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much lift from 63" springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eldon519, Jul 14, 2002.

1. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

How much lift from 63\" springs?

I'm getting pretty close to getting and installing my suspension once I iron somethings out. I want to run 63" springs for a 88-98 Chevy pickup in the rear. How would these springs compare in ride height to a pair of 52" springs? I need to know this so if I were to get 63" 3" lift springs, would it actually give me 3" over stock ride height on my truck?

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Re: How much lift from 63\" springs?

It kinda tuff to call. The 63s ride height is pretty close to the 52s. The problem is that the hangers need to be moved and that will effect the ride-height.

On mine (K-5), the front hanger was moved forward and down along the frame and the rear shackle was flipped. I used 3" lift Sky-jacker springs with the 3/4" over-load leaf removed. That neted about a 4-5" lift.

On the P/Us the side tanks will get in the way, so your going to have to eliminate the side-tanks or move the axle way-back and cut the fenders as needed or flat-bed it or something.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

take the 63" have em arched so they're only 52" long and you'll get a lot of lift. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif J/K

4. Re: How much lift from 63\" springs?

It depends where on the frame as in if you are pushing your front hanger forward or your shackle hanger back. I have a set of 3/4 ton 63"er's and have compared them to a set of 6" Superlift and the arch was an inch taller. That was measured with them both out of the vehicle.

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

could build new hangers under the 'rails

I keep typing 'hangars' for some reason /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

And your telling this to a guy who has practicaly created his own dictionary. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I wonder if I can git it published??

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

just annoying as XXXX as I know how to spell it and yet the fingers betray me even as I make a conscious effort.
    I'll buy one for a dollar