Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much lift to run 33x12.50s?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WantedaDodge, Jan 9, 2005.

1. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

Will I need to lift to run 33x12.50s? I'd assume only a 2-2.5 inch lift? or will they fit stock?

I have some 2.5 inch addaleaves for the front end of my old dodge. I knew you needed those to run 33s on dodges, but don't know about chevs...

oh yea, body lifts suck!:grin:

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

depending on tire with, spring rate, the answer is... maybe.

I ran them for a couple years, it would only touch on full flex with the sway bar attached. If you disconnect the sway bar... I dunno. It would most likely touch. You can either trim the fenders a bit, or.. add a small lift.

a 2" or 2.5" lift should clear those, but I dont know how good "add a leafs" are as a lift system. they might remove a lot of the flexing ability. Thats just my two cents.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

0" of lift, run narrow rims.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:D :D :D

They never stop, do they?

5. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

coult cut the fenders up quite a bit and run 'em with no lift

6. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

my 33" x 12.5"s hit my front only slightly when going over a bump w/ the wheels turned, so i trimed the inside of my front fenders a TINY bit like 2" max, didnt even have to touch the outter fender, and it was good, now i have a 4" lift and its even better. :)

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

6" lift. :) That is what I would go with, I loved the way mine looked with 33x14.50 SSR's and six inches of lift. You could get away with a 2.5" easy. Seems 4" and 33's are a very popular combo.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I run 33x12.50's on 8" wheels w/ 2 1/2" lift on my burb (2 1/2" front springs, small block in the rear). I have no rubbing issues at all. A 2 1/2" lift is the easiest to do. No new drag link, relocate/re-route the stock brake lines, and no need to relocate the sway bar. I run Tuff-Country EZ rides. I like them, but I'll be swapping over to BDS soon.

Remember to use all new u-bolts if you do a suspension lift.

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

all depends on rim size and back spacing. my first set of 33's were on 8" rims w/ 4.5" backspacing. stock they touch going into driveways fast.w/ 3" liftthey'd scrub w/ the swaybar unlocked. when i got my mud tires(33" tsl's on 15x10" w/ 4.5 BS) they tore my fenders up. the bottom rear portion of the fender was peeled back. u ended up trimming it up to the inner fender and now all is good.

10. big_black_blazer

big_black_blazer 1/2 ton status

my 89 blazer sits stock with 33x12.50 yokohama mt's and only rub the inside fenders at full flex with the wheels cut lock to lock, or when i drive off of a curb fast enough to bounce it while cutting the wheels. the wheels are 15x10 stock steel "white spokes" off of a late 70's k5. just put 'em on and if they rub, put on a 2" lift from jc whitney for $300. after all, this has to be the cheapest (and easiest) truck ever to lift.

11. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

im running 33x12.5r15 tsl's with no lift and the sway bar still on. the tires did all the triming that i needed. at full flex they do rub on the wheel wells but i still injoy wheeling it like that.. i would go with a 4 inch lift because u can allways cut the fenders a little to make room for bigger tires. thats the way im going.

12. 89Silverado

89Silverado Registered Member

My 89 has a 4" lift and 33-12.5-15's(Dunlop Mud Rovers), on 15x10 wheels.

I have about 2" or so between the tire and the fender when i turn the wheel.

13. 91GMCSuburban

91GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

no smaller than 4". At full articulation, I get slight rubbing on drivers side fender.