Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much lift....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Paxx, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Ok I just swapped a d44 in my front end and put in a used set of 2.5" lift springs. I have to match the rear to the front now. I am going to use blocks only because it is a very small lift.

I think that the springs have probably sagged a bit since they were 2.5"s tall but it is kinda hard to tell with the new tires on there. I have some 1" blocks laying around and I think it will be pretty close when the 14bff goes in.

My question is how much lift should I expect to get going from a 10 bolt to a 14bff? It would be nice to try and plan this rear end thing ahead of time. I am hoping I will not have to buy bigger blocks for the rear.

Thnx
    ~Max

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    My question is how much lift should I expect to get going from a 10 bolt to a 14bff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably none. Maybe the 3/8" difference in the axle tube diameters, that's about it.

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif ok thnx Tim.

Is there an easy way to figure out how much lift the front springs gave me? Or do I just keep adding blocks till it looks level and thats the height I need?

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Start with a 2.5" block...your rear springs have probably sagged too so it should be pretty close.

Rene