Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Apr 24, 2002.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

OK, I have a guy that will do my HOME MADE SHACKLE FLIP for free. The one question that I have not been able to find is “HOW MUCH OF A LIFT WILL YOU GET, IF I JUST CUT THE SHACKLE AND HAVE STOCK REAR SPRINGS?” I am wanted to do this so that I can remove my rear blocks. If the TOTAL lift is under 3 inch then I am not going to do it, If it is over 6(I know that it is not) and not going that way. My plan is to remove the rear blocks, cut the shackles, add 2 inch springs or blocks and add hill front shackles so that I can go from 33s to 35s.

Thanks!!

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

from what I know it should be 4" because you are moving the back of the spring down 8" but since the front doesn't drop you get 1/2 of the 8" which = 4"..... I hope that made sense

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Brett,
    I am getting ready to do the same thing, and as far as can I surmise, the home made flip will get you four inches of lift. The way I came to that number is by measuring the bolt to bolt distance of the shackle.

John