Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much pressure on the coolent system?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Aug 27, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ok so I"m designing this on board shower system for my truck, do I need to worry about the coolent lines to/from the engine / heater core? or will the system pressure just force the water up?
    Click here for an idea of the design
    gonna do kind of the same thing just a little different, and gonna mount it off the pass frame rail offset to the fender a little just want to make sure the water will flow where it needs to

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I don’t think that I understand your question. That thing is a heat exchanger. You would plumb it into your heater hose on one circuit. Put fresh water through the other circuit. It’s a very good idea and there are even kits for it.

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

question is...do I have to worry about the pluming to and from the engine/ heater core, will the pressure push the water uphill? as in straight up
    framerail up to the heatercore

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Oh I see. I think it will be fine. People mount their radiators in the back sometimes and I've never heard of water flow problems. If it doesnt work for some reason, I guess your heater would not be very warm. But I think it would be fine.