Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much pressure/volume will a PS pump put out?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    OK I would like to change my tubing bender to hyd. It can be done with a port-a-power ram and a stand alone hyd powesource. The pumps are pretty pricey. I know I have the ram laying around somewhere. I'm sure I have a valve.. How about using a PS pump with a 1.5 HP electric motor I woulda have to make a small tank and somethign to carry it all. Any imput. Yes I am cheap, but I already have all this stuff laying around!

DRIVE IT LIKE ITS YOUR BOSSES!!!
    Luke
    84 K5

2. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I believe that the GM pump is about 3GPM and 1200PSI. I also remember that this equates to about 5HP of engine to drive it. I suppose you could run it slower than the engine normally would but then it would also drop its output. Most pumps run just a little over engine speed so I would estimate that you want to run 1100RPMs as a minimum.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your not cheap your an Alchemist.Its called turning sh!t into icecream, I do it all the time....[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!