Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much room do cut out flairs give?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Oct 11, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

basicaly i want to go bigger but dont want to change the 4" lift i have. so im going to use zero rates a 1" body and bushwaker cutout flairs. but i have no idea how much room the cut outs will give me. can anyone tell me in an example say a truck running 35's add flairs can you fit a bigger tire without rubbing. i would like to run 37's or 38's i have 35's right now and if i was to get twisty im sure they would rub. by the way this wont be a hardcore trail truck but will see some trails and twisty sections. i know the flairs can crack when bumped but usualy the trails around here are wide enough i wont have to worry. and i like the looks of the rivet cut out flairs.

balzer

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if ur running 35s now u should be able to run 37s with cutouts i believe.

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

anyone else? i dont suppose any one already has 4" with 1" zero rates and 1" body and the bushwacker flairs that can tell me how big a tire will fit? wishful thinking? or can tell me how big a tire will fit with that combo?

balzer

4. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I would think it would depend on the width of the tire and wheel... and back spacing. My 77K20 has a 3in body lift, 2.5 springs in the front (4in block in the rear) and bush wackers. It had 38x15.50 mudders on 16.5x9.75 rims when I got it, they cleared no problem. Currently I have my friends boggers on it, 39.5x18x16.5s on 16.5x9.75, and they barely clear, it rubs a little bit. I would think with a 1" body lift, zero rates and a 4in lift, thats 6in lift and bushwackers you could clear 38s no problem.

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I have the cutout flares and they suck....

you can cut out 2" front and back of the rear wheel well... although my rear axle wasnt centered.. so I put the wacker up against the rear of the well and cut 4" off the front :haha:

the front is where it sucks.... you can cut 1" in front and back of well.... that is what I did and I rub like a mofo.... took the fronts off so I can cut out more... gonna end up hacking the flare so it isnt a n anymore but more like a - ... so just the top will be there.. hopefully inspection dont give me a hard time... :doah:

oh yeah...

6" front leafs - 40" hawgs on 16.5x12 rims = 38.8" tall
    http://www.supermotors.org/mygarage/vehicles/content.php?id=8011&sID=24448

Front
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rear
    notice the rear axle too far forward

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

When I was running 39.5 tsl's on my burb I had 8" suspension 3" body lift, & bushwacker cut out flares. The tires still would rub offroad. The tires bashed in the front fender well :mad: The buswacker cutouts are pos. They are only for mall cruisers. They do not hold up offroading.I took mine off after they split and will now :hack: the fenders