Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how much room is there under the rear seat?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, Mar 22, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

The reason i'm asking is i want to put a amp under the rear seat when i get my k5 and need to know it it'll fit, it is 10.25"W x 2"H x 24"L i just wonder about the 2 inches high, will that be ok while people are sitting there or not?

2. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

The rear seat in my 85 sits flat on the floor so there is no room under there. I put my amp under the drivers seat for now. Future plans are to hide it inside the side walls in the rear.

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

There's no room under mine. It also sits flat.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

NO room under the back seat. When I had my Jimmy a street vehicle it had an amp under each front seat, and then I put the big amp between the passenger wheel well and the arm rest for the back seat. I just tinted the windows really dark so nobody could see it. It stayed nice and cool up there and it never shut off, even after hours of hitting hard.

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Won't fit bud. I am making custom side panels for mine out of 1/8" thk. steel. I'll mount the amps, cross overs, and speakers in the panels. The panels will be covered with padding and fabric of course. I will also be putting in a cooling fan and a vent to have cool air pushing through the side panel. That way, when the top is off, all you'll be able to see are the speakers, and anyone who thinks they can take my sh*t will be in for a big SURPRISE! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif!! it will be a little while before I do this, but if anyone is interested, I'll post pics and a write up on the fabrication of the panels, interior work, and the finished product.

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Brandon,

Bummer about that 24" dimension.....! A more conventionally sized amp (or two) could be easily built into the side panels or put under the front seats.

Any chance you could exchange that MONDO amp, for TWO smaller ones? You might end up with the same power that way, and you'd have MANY more options for the installation.

BTW -> You could also post in the "Audio" section of this site. A lot more people might jump in with ideas....

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I mounted my amp in the consol.

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I plan on purchasing the consol here
    http://audionmore.com/QLogic/gm.htm#M-GM
    the description is
    (it's the first MTX)
    "CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 1992-2000, GMC Yukon, Chevy full-size Blazer, Chevy Tahoe and '88-'98 regular and extended cab Chevy trucks with bucket seats "
    Can i have a car audio shop make me something similar for less?