Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How much should i lift my new k5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wraenking, May 8, 2003.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

some suggestions would be great. mostly i would be driving around town, driving to island beach state park to surf fish, and put my boat in and out of the water once a year. i have not yet been trailing, (at least with mine), and dont plan on doing it any time soon. so what do you think would be the best lift for me?

i was thinking 4" suspension with 35's. too much for what i do? any pics would be great too.

thanks guys

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

consider how the rig is used... why lift it at all? Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but unless you just want a lift for asthetic (sp?) reasons I'm not sure I see the point...

j

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, a lift will help out a lot on the beach. a lot of people get stuck out there. just looking for some suggestions

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I would say 4" with 33's or 35's. Best bang for the buck without starting to get to expensive ie. 6"= lengthen rear driveshaft. I have 4" with 33's pics in my link below if it helps.

-Brian

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

NJ has a law that all lifts must be 6".

ok, just kidding.

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

if you dont want to go that big 2 1/2inch w/ 33s or 4inch w/ 35s, a 4inch with 33s looks goofy at least it did on mine.

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Check how your current gears will work with your intended tires.

You may be mad if your truck runs bad after spending all that time and money....

Your gears just might answer the question for you....

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

don;t know what 33s you had but I know a k5 wiht 4" and 33 BFG ATs. Looks good. Heck a k5 comes to my work with 6" lift and 33s that didn't look bad. I think mine with 4" and my 33s would look bad since they measure 31" tall.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i think tire width, type, and air pressure will prolly have more to do with doing well in the annual sand experience than a suspension lift, but thats just my opinion. As far as lifts go, yeah, a 2.5" lift would be good and cheap, especially if you installed it yourself. BDS and tough country make good lifts. 2.5 would be good cause it would allow you to run a nice set of AT 33s and you wouldnt have to mess around with lengthening the driveshafts and all that jazz.

j